Bailiffs coming tomorrow

No need for the sarcasm, TJ (if that's what it was), I deliberately glossed over the stack of speeding fines, points and the 6 months driving ban, for the sake brevity. 'Told you I had nowt to be smug about, where getting fined is concerned :D

See, Anna B? Now that was Joker being 'smug' :)

why am i being sarcastic?, i said i like you and you're not smug at all :cool:

Sorry to hear that Woggle.However what a shame it would be if this person had a slight accident.

Life's too short to dwell on it and be bitter.

Annoying yes, but not going to let it eat me up.

Lesson learned and moved on.

Bailiffs cannot force entry. They can enter if you have an open window, door etc. If you have a car, park it a street away not at home. This will only give you more time, it will not make it go away. Use the extra time to pay and sort things out.

---------- Post added 17-07-2015 at 23:13 ----------

Items that are ‘exempt’ by law from being taken by a bailiff:

Items or equipment (for example, tools, books, telephones, computer equipment and vehicles) which are necessary and for use personally by the debtor in the debtor’s employment, business, trade, profession, study or education, except that in any case the aggregate value of the items or equipment to which this exemption is applied shall not exceed £1,350;

Clothes, beds, bedding, furniture, household equipment, items and provisions as are reasonably required to satisfy the basic domestic needs of the debtor and every member of the debtor’s household

Cooker or microwave, fridge, washing machine, dining table and dining chairs to seat the debtor and every member of the debtor’s household.

Land line telephone, or a mobile phone

Sufficient lighting and heating facilities

Medical equipment and items needed for the care of a child or elderly person.

Safety and security equipment, eg. burglar alarms, locks and CCTV system

Domestic pets and guide dogs

Any vehicle displaying a valid disabled person’s badge, British Medical Association badge or other health emergency badge.

Will the bailiff take my car?

Motor vehicles are always a problem. They are an attractive and valuable asset and are easy to identify given that in most cases, the car is parked on the debtor’s own driveway and this means that the bailiff does not have to gain access into the property. Also, vehicles tend to raise significantly more at auction than household goods.