Bailiffs coming tomorrow

If they've given you a date?

Move everything out of the house of value, put it round at a friends or family's house.

Let them look round at what's left. Get an old big heavy Tv. It will then cost them more to turn up.

Would you be offering the same advice if the OP owed you money?

We have moved house twice since I received the fine so have not had any letters from them. Have explained this to the bailiff but apparently it has gone past the stage of being able to set up a repayment plan.

If you received the fine and then moved, you were aware you had it, why didn't you do some payment plan when you received it. These things don't go away they always catch up with you. I suspect forwarding addresses are easy for them to find.

If your credit is bad and you both work maybe some debt advice can help you sort your finances

---------- Post added 17-07-2015 at 06:19 ----------

If they've given you a date?

Move everything out of the house of value, put it round at a friends or family's house.

Let them look round at what's left. Get an old big heavy Tv. It will then cost them more to turn up.

Wouldn't they make an attachment of earnings if you work.

I had someone owe me money, I pursued it through the courts which cost me even more money. He got a CCJ and still didn't have to pay.

Only ever got one parking fine in 24 years of driving, from SCC (who else). It was deserved (small side road down side of Richersounds, permit holders only, I didn't have a permit), and I paid it. I broke the parking rules for the sake of convenience and brevity (I was only nipping in for 5 mins), got caught, and fair's fair I paid the price tag on my momentary stupidity: it was much higher than if I'd bothered to push 50 yards higher up the road to the small car park and fed the meter for the minimum unit of time.

Silly you!

If you'd started a brand new thread titled "Where can I park as close as possible to Richer Sounds for as little money as possible" we would have directed you to the parking spaces down the side streets of Whitham Road where non-permit holders can park for the insignificant sum of just 50p per half hour.

And even better, if you were buying summat at Richer Sounds at the time, THEY WILL REIMBURSE YOUR PARKING FEE!

https://www.richersounds.com/stores/sheffield

Parking Instructions:

There's ample parking near our shop and not only is it much cheaper than city centre parking, but we'll pay you back for it too! The nearest spots are on Moor Oaks Road, with two bays directly across from the shop and space for three more up the road.

Note: Please ensure you do not park in the permit holder bays.

The nearest pay and display is Parker's Lane Car Park, just a few yards up the hill from the shop. The postcode for Sat Nav users is S10 1BU. It's also free after 4PM every day, saving the hassle of buying a ticket. All the parking in the area is free on Sundays.

Dear L00b, you're showing as much financial sense as Mr Angela Merkel, just throwing yer dollars down the drain :hihi:

If you received the fine and then moved, you were aware you had it, why didn't you do some payment plan when you received it. These things don't go away they always catch up with you. I suspect forwarding addresses are easy for them to find.

If your credit is bad and you both work maybe some debt advice can help you sort your finances

Wouldn't they make an attachment of earnings if you work.

I had someone owe me money, I pursued it through the courts which cost me even more money. He got a CCJ and still didn't have to pay.

Well Woggle why not follow your own advice! You have Judgement,apply for an attachment

They are not willing to wait until the 22nd of this month when my partner gets paid. I have already tried family friends and work, which is why I'm willing to go to a loan shark until next week.

---------- Post added 14-07-2015 at 14:13 ----------

My partner gets paid next week so it would be a loan for just over a week.

A loan shark will take more than your car if you don't pay, and they won't give you a date or time to say they will be coming Better to let the Bailiff take it

---------- Post added 17-07-2015 at 06:33 ----------

Well Woggle why not follow your own advice! You have Judgement,apply for an attachment

I took it as far as it could go, he didn't work so didn't have to pay anything. He put everything in his wife's name so didn't have any assets.

Edited by woggle

i like you. not smug at all. :cool:
No need for the sarcasm, TJ (if that's what it was), I deliberately glossed over the stack of speeding fines, points and the 6 months driving ban, for the sake brevity. 'Told you I had nowt to be smug about, where getting fined is concerned :D

<blah-blah-blah>
See, Anna B? Now that was Joker being 'smug' :)

Presumably the bailiff has now been.

Has the OP been back online since?

---------- Post added 17-07-2015 at 09:20 ----------

They were online (on the forum) on the 15th, but didn't post. That was the day the bailiff was coming, so perhaps they no longer have a PC.

Hi Woggle.Just because someone is unemployed does not mean you cannot apply for an attachment.Also you can also apply for what is called an oral examination which may be a possibility.

It allows you whilst at court to ask various questions to the debtor.Because items have been placed in anothers name does not mean it cannot be queried.

It is just a suggestion,as I also hate when people try to avoid paying their dues by trying to interpret the law.

Hi Woggle.Just because someone is unemployed does not mean you cannot apply for an attachment.Also you can also apply for what is called an oral examination which may be a possibility.

It allows you whilst at court to ask various questions to the debtor.Because items have been placed in anothers name does not mean it cannot be queried.

It is just a suggestion,as I also hate when people try to avoid paying their dues by trying to interpret the law.

His house was empty when I called, and when he was tracked down had declared himself bankrupt.

He transferred everything to the wife and is still trading under her name. And still on here applying for work in the job section.

I got fed up in the end, he has several CCJ's and knows how to play the game.

For £800 it's not worth anymore hassle.