Dunkin Donuts to open a store in Leeds! What's wrong with Sheffield?

I and many other doughnut lovers have been requesting Dunkin Donuts on their Facebook and Twitter sites to open a doughnut store in Sheffield for sometime now.

Anyway I have just found out that they (Dunkin) plan to skip Sheffield and open a store in Leeds.

First Krispy Kreme open their store on the border between Leeds and Bradford and now Dunkin are to open in Leeds itself.

I wonder why all these companies seem to overlook Sheffield in favour of other cities such as Leeds and Manchester?

Edited by Ned-Ryerson

I and many others doughnut lovers have been requesting Dunkin Donuts on their Facebook and Twitter sites to open a doughnut store in Sheffield for sometime now.

Anyway I have just found out that they (Dunkin) plan to skip Sheffield and open a store in Leeds.

First Krispy Kreme open their store on the border between Leeds and Bradford and now Dunkin are to open in Leeds itself.

I wonder why all these companies seem to overlook Sheffield in favour of other cities such as Leeds and Manchester?

Maybe Sheffielders are more sophisticated. Im sure you must be disappointed but not everyone is so keen to jump on some American style trend.

Maybe Sheffielders are more sophisticated. Im sure you must be disappointed but not everyone is so keen to jump on some American style trend.

Dunkin Donuts decided not to come to Sheffield after Hendo's refused to let them use their sauce in a donut.

Sheffield aren't adventurous enough to try anything new.

No Dunkin Donuts?! No Krispy Kreme?!

Sheffield is in a terminal decline.......

May be time to emigrate.

I could swear theres a Krispy Kreme in Meadowhall.

What people fail to realise when complaining about the fact that these places don't open outlets in Sheffield, is that the companies themselves are not usually the ones who open the stores. They sell franchises (very expensive!) to people who are essentially running their own business but paying to use the brand name. Obviously nobody from Sheffield has decided to do so yet.