Dunkin Donuts to open a store in Leeds! What's wrong with Sheffield?

My daughter dragged me into one at Meadowhall. Nothing special, sickly,overpriced and full of fat people gorging on several doughnuts at a sitting.

And thin, but that makes it sound less dramatic. :rolleyes:

If we're going to be getting some more American food franchise then I'd much rather a shake shack than a dunkin donuts to be honest.

Shake Shack isn't that great, been to the one in Covent Garden and Central Park, New York. I'd prefer Five Guys or In and Out come to Sheffield.

Shake Shack isn't that great, been to the one in Covent Garden and Central Park, New York. I'd prefer Five Guys or In and Out come to Sheffield.

As fast food burgers go it's pretty good, compared to what we have over here anyway.

Burgers in the UK are always cooked to death I find, no-where near as tasty as they could be.

---------- Post added 16-07-2015 at 13:16 ----------

...and then people wonder why obesity has become such a problem in the UK.

because the national dish of deep fried cod served with deep fried chips wasn't doing enough already??

A donut isnt gonna make anyone obese.

'A' donut won't, no...

Most...er, some of us of course can control ourselves and have such things as just an occaisional treat of course, however, I have to say Krispy Kreme's never blow me away. They're ok.

I won't personally lose sleep over this particular donut chain, however the OP is right in that Sheffield is much lower down the list of retailers 'picks' when opening new stores, and/or franchises just don't seem to get set up much here - lack of entrepreneurs?

A donut isnt gonna make anyone obese.
The fact that a retail store that sells nothing but doughnuts is considered a viable business/franchise proposition simply speaks for itself.

because the national dish of deep fried cod served with deep fried chips wasn't doing enough already??
The national dish is a curry, has been for years and years ;)