Another new pub coming to Ecclesall Road - The Portland House

taxman

Wellbecks beers, in my experience, are, at very best, average. They'll have to get a really good guest lineup on to get me in there

Indeed they are. I'd probably rather go without. However Eccie Road isn't exactly known for attracting discerning drinkers so it should do just fine.

Indeed they are. I'd probably rather go without. However Eccie Road isn't exactly known for attracting discerning drinkers so it should do just fine.

Good point. Abbeydale / Heeley / Meersbrook are much more `discerning` now. Only had a couple of Wellbeck beers years ago and judged them as bland and never bothered again. Sounds like I was about right.

Absolutely agree - he will make sure that whatever beers are sold will be in good condition. Looking forward to trying a few with you :)

It doesn't matter how well kept it is, crap beer is crap beer

Ecclesall Road has gone downhill. Its definitely not like it used to be. The nightlife is rubbish now with tacky bars and pubs.

Did Eccie road ever have any nightlife to start with??

IMHO its in a much better place now that it ever has been food & drink wise.