Tescos Online Grocery, minimum spend going up to 40 pounds

wow, I didn't realise this, so from now on, if you say spend only 30 pounds, you will have to pay 4 pounds basket charge and delivery which can be 3 or four pounds.

---------- Post added 17-07-2015 at 11:46 ----------

Would you say ASDA(walmart) is better than Tesco, quality, range, price, etc?

I do prefer the quality of Asda stuff actually, and their range of 'value' own branded items is better. Plus, once your stuff has been delivered, you use the Asda price guarantee site and if your shopping wasn't at least 10% cheaper, you get a voucher for the difference to use on your next shop. I normally end up with between £2 to £3 in vouchers to use next time.

I wouldn't have thought £40 minimum would have effected too many shoppers.

Is it really unreasonable to add £4 to the basket?,I wouldn't have thought so(how much would a taxi/bus cost you?

As for delivery charges,if you don't mind a 4 hour time slot,you can get that for free Monday-Thursday.

I tried Morrisons (for some reason they kept charging my card twice,and then I have to wait 5 days for my money back :hihi:)and Asda last year,and in my opinion they don't even come close to the service/range/quality of items and price that Tesco offer.

I know its personal opinion really,but the one delivery we had from Asda was bad enough not to give them business again (rude driver,items that were nearly out of date,sent me a replacement that wasn't even close to what I had ordered,oh,and a cereal box that looked like someone had played football with it,and then taped it up:hihi:),I ended up phoning them up,and getting £13 refunded on a £50 order.

I have always chose Asda stores to any others for weekly shopping,but for online,they would easily be behind the other two.

If my legs dropped off tomorrow,I would rather walk on my hands to Asda than use their online service :hihi:

When Asda deliver if I notice anything like a squashed cereal box or milk carton and mention it to the driver he will just scan and refund it right there and then and let me keep the item, same if you notice anything at all with a short shelf life. If not ou can always rectify if quickly with a call to customer services. I do prefer Asdas quality, I don't know, maybe I've just gotten used to Asda, because the only supermarket I've really gone into to do a big shop is Asda (apart from a handful of times) due to places I've lived always being nearer to Asda than anywhere else, so I've been used to using them for 15 years. I've done the odd online shop with Tesco and Sainsburys when I've had vouchers and stuff but never been very impressed. Have done a couple of big shops in store with Morrisons, but have never used them online yet.

When Asda deliver if I notice anything like a squashed cereal box or milk carton and mention it to the driver he will just scan and refund it right there and then and let me keep the item, same if you notice anything at all with a short shelf life. If not ou can always rectify if quickly with a call to customer services. I do prefer Asdas quality, I don't know, maybe I've just gotten used to Asda, because the only supermarket I've really gone into to do a big shop is Asda (apart from a handful of times) due to places I've lived always being nearer to Asda than anywhere else, so I've been used to using them for 15 years. I've done the odd online shop with Tesco and Sainsburys when I've had vouchers and stuff but never been very impressed. Have done a couple of big shops in store with Morrisons, but have never used them online yet.

If a box had been damaged in transit(which it has with Tesco too),I can understand that,but this box was all taped up with sellotape at the top,and should have been heading for the discount shelf instore,and not just cheekily put into someones first order as if to say "this is what you can expect from us".

First impressions make a big difference,and they made zero effort to welcome my custom.

As a comparison,Morrisons turned up to my door with a free welcome gingerbread man (corny I know),but the fact someone has actually thought "we better make a good first impression" ,makes a big difference.

The driver also took his time to welcome,and explain everything in detail,again its not much,but a little effort to welcome you goes a long way.

Tesco missed a milk off the other week,mistakes happen,but in nearly a year,I have only had to phone them 3 times (1 item missing,1 item nearing sell by date,and 1 item tasted horrible),all refunded with no issues,I had double that on my first Asda order :hihi:.

Maybe I was just unlucky,but like the old saying goes"once bitten...":D

• 2 weeks later...
I wouldn't have thought £40 minimum would have effected too many shoppers.

Is it really unreasonable to add £4 to the basket?,I wouldn't have thought so(how much would a taxi/bus cost you?

As for delivery charges,if you don't mind a 4 hour time slot,you can get that for free Monday-Thursday.

I tried Morrisons (for some reason they kept charging my card twice,and then I have to wait 5 days for my money back :hihi:)and Asda last year,and in my opinion they don't even come close to the service/range/quality of items and price that Tesco offer.

I know its personal opinion really,but the one delivery we had from Asda was bad enough not to give them business again (rude driver,items that were nearly out of date,sent me a replacement that wasn't even close to what I had ordered,oh,and a cereal box that looked like someone had played football with it,and then taped it up:hihi:),I ended up phoning them up,and getting £13 refunded on a £50 order.

I have always chose Asda stores to any others for weekly shopping,but for online,they would easily be behind the other two.

If my legs dropped off tomorrow,I would rather walk on my hands to Asda than use their online service :hihi:

Excellent post .

Also Tesco have been struggling compared to previous years so the increase in minimum spend is quite understandable for any reasonable person