Considering setting up a charity helping children in Africa

I am British originally from Africa, I have been sooo lucky since I was born.

I feel I need to do something to help those unlucky folks … maybe something to do with education, awareness, water, health .. etc … there are many beautiful ideas and worthy causes

So I am looking for suggestions .., ideas … advice …. helpers … those who might wish to take part in the project

I have no illusion I know it is a challenge but a sweet one … I have some recent experience … thanks to Radio Sheffield, in a short time a lot was achieved

My love to Sheffield is so huge and never ends … I want to give some of it to Africa … would you help?

I feel I need to do something to help those unlucky folks … maybe something to do with education, awareness, water, health .. etc … there are many beautiful ideas and worthy causes

So I am looking for suggestions .., ideas … advice …. helpers … those who might wish to take part in the project

I have no illusion I know it is a challenge but a sweet one … I have some recent experience … thanks to Radio Sheffield, in a short time a lot was achieved

My love to Sheffield is so huge and never ends … I want to give some of it to Africa … would you help?

£Billions of aid is already given to Africa each year most never reaches those that it is intended for, corrupt leaders and local officials fiddle a very high percentage, also top execs in some of these charities are nearing six figure salaries.

A friend takes goods to a corrupt ex British African colony to give aid direct to a group of villages.

To get into the country he has to "donate " a % to the customs and immigration officials before he can leave the airport.

Corruption is a way of life out there.

Are you sure that you're going to have enough to time to commit to this project with your other projects still on the go, like getting your travel business off the ground, the road trip around Europe and your new band that you're trying to put together?

Instead of monetary aid we should send agricultural machinery, seed for crop planting, irrigation equipment, all the general paraphernalia required to allow these unfortunate people a chance to feed themselves.

Angel1.

We've been doing exactly this for years and years.

We've been doing exactly this for years and years.

Yes and the corrupt local officials sell the people the goods sent.

---------- Post added 22-07-2015 at 11:08 ----------

In Somalia the warlords charge for the aid being landed and for it to pass through their territory.

Are you sure that you're going to have enough to time to commit to this project with your other projects still on the go, like getting your travel business off the ground, the road trip around Europe and your new band that you're trying to put together?

:hihi:

... well if Bob Geldof can do it... ;)