No more school, no more stick

Well no more "stick" these days anyway

A modern version would be:-

No more school

No more friendly chats with the teacher, when I decide to cause disruption and swear in class

No more homework because it affects my human rights and my parents will come and see the head teacher, who will side with them, so the teacher gets into trouble

it doesn't rhyme, but you get the picture.........

How very true Grappler.

How very true Grappler.

It really is true mate. One of my neighbours is a teacher. One lad in class never did home work and was disruptive in class, not violent or anything, just talked all the time and messed about. Kept getting told to bring his homework in, never did.

Told his parents he was being singled out and bullied by the teacher, so the parents come to school and have a go at the head teacher.

The head sides with them, calls the lad and the teacher into his office, and asks them to sit down and write out five things they think would help the situation.

In other words, instead of backing his teacher, he treats the teacher and the pupil as equals, as if they have both been naughty.

True story, and sorry, didn't want to de-rail the thread, I do remember singing the "no more school" song (with swear words!) back in the late 60's and early 70's. :thumbsup:

No more school, no more stick,

No more rotten arithmetic.

No more English, no more French,

No more sitting on the old school bench .

If the teacher interferes,

Get him down and box his ears.

If that doesn't serve him right,

Blow him up with dynamite.:P

JeSUS!

What kind of education are we giving our kids?? :gag:

Learning should be FUN :nod:

...What kind of education are we giving our kids??...
"What kind of education are we giving...".? As the OP wrote, this was the 1950s, not the 21st century! Edited by beechnut
Spelling. Go to the bottom of the class.