Doorstep Chugging

I had one at the door the other day, and he was trying to make jokes as soon as he started and then he admitted it was going really badly :hihi: I felt sorry for him so I spoke to him for a bit, he told me it was his first day and he had been out for 7 hours and only signed up 3 people, but at £8 per sale it was better than minimum wage for his age (17). I actually signed up to what he was selling, the poppy lottery - to raise money for the British Legion. At the end I had to sign to confirm I was over 18 and not addicted to gambling etc and then he had to confirm to me that he was over 18, to which I replied he had just told me he was only 17 and was a cheeky sod, but he said its because it was his probation period and he was 18 next week, he was still allowed to do it (I think not!). He then said his boss had set him a challenge for today and he had to take a selfie with my pet, so he got a selfie with the fish tank. He was trying to raise some money to buy his girlfriend an anniversary present because she has been away in America for a while and missed their anniversary (awwww) :hihi: I don't normally entertain them but he was such a sorry little sight I really took pity on him!

We don't often agree, but we do on this.

For many kids these jobs are the easiest to get, so they get them. They really shouldn't but they can't help themselves because it has the 'promise' of good money (woohoo I am going to earn 16,50 an hour! All I have to do is get 3 people to sign the form!).

I used to have certain... techniques. But these days it is a courteous: No thanks. And a closed door.

I nearly did some ageny work for Urbanleaf UK on behalf of aner Researh who’re both 100% pure sum. I was trained to sam reent grieving family members when they’re at their most vulnerable into donating money. After the training I left the organisation in total disgust.

I informed the loal press of their praties but they did not want to know. I later found out they pay to advertise in their papers.

hugging is big big business and the first 18 months of your diret debit payments go to pay the hugging ompanies for its servies in signing you up.

NEVER EVER donate money to big established harities. It nearly all gets squandered on admin osts and the EO's salaries.

REMEMBER – There is always someone near to where you live or work who desperately needs your help, and you an always donate your time instead of money.

Edited by gwhite78

I nearly did some ageny work for Urbanleaf UK on behalf of aner Researh who’re both 100% pure sum. I was trained to sam reent grieving family members when they’re at their most vulnerable into donating money. After the training I left the organisation in total disgust.

I informed the loal press of their praties but they did not want to know. I later found out they pay to advertise in their papers.

hugging is big big business and the first 18 months of your diret debit payments go to pay the hugging ompanies for its servies in signing you up.

NEVER EVER donate money to big established harities. It nearly all gets squandered on admin osts and the EO's salaries.

REMEMBER – There is always someone near to where you live or work who desperately needs your help, and you an always donate your time instead of money.

Is your C button knackered?

I also agree with you.

I had one at the door the other day, and he was trying to make jokes as soon as he started and then he admitted it was going really badly :hihi: I felt sorry for him so I spoke to him for a bit, he told me it was his first day and he had been out for 7 hours and only signed up 3 people, but at £8 per sale it was better than minimum wage for his age (17). I actually signed up to what he was selling, the poppy lottery - to raise money for the British Legion. At the end I had to sign to confirm I was over 18 and not addicted to gambling etc and then he had to confirm to me that he was over 18, to which I replied he had just told me he was only 17 and was a cheeky sod, but he said its because it was his probation period and he was 18 next week, he was still allowed to do it (I think not!). He then said his boss had set him a challenge for today and he had to take a selfie with my pet, so he got a selfie with the fish tank. He was trying to raise some money to buy his girlfriend an anniversary present because she has been away in America for a while and missed their anniversary (awwww) :hihi: I don't normally entertain them but he was such a sorry little sight I really took pity on him!

So he got the sales pitch just right for you. He'll clearly go far.

ould be? How an you tell?

I thought I was good trying not to use the c-word anymore but there you are not using c in any word at all... you put me to shame.

Chuggers are bad but those knocking on your door with hard luck stories really get on my tits.