Atheism the Belief

Or (continuing from my previous post), to distract from the fact that to both not be unsure about whether there is a god and to not believe there is a god requires a belief that there isn't a god

Just for the record, RootsBooster's explanation of atheism and agnosticism make perfect sense and are correct.

It makes just as much sense as believing it to be random, neither position can be tested.

So you've decided to believe something which is contrary to all the evidence, and you think this makes sense because the evidence is not absolute proof and you think that it may be discovered in the future that you're right. It won't by the way.

Go ahead. Don't expect anybody else to take it seriously though.

So you've decided to believe something which is contrary to all the evidence, and you think this makes sense because the evidence is not absolute proof and you think that it may be discovered in the future that you're right. It won't by the way.

Go ahead. Don't expect anybody else to take it seriously though.

Its not contrary to all the evidence and I have said several times that it will never be proven one way or the other because it can't be tested.

Its not contrary to all the evidence and I have said several times that it will never be proven one way or the other because it can't be tested.

No, mostly because most things once thought to be random can be explained and shown not to be random.

So how was that tested?

Ah, thanks for stepping in there Milquetoast, I'm glad the record is now resolved.

Don't thank me, thank the lexicographers at Oxford University Press. :)

Now that you're glad about that I'm sure that you'll be glad about RootsBooster, myself, and most other atheists (and many theists) also describing themselves as agnostics.

It has been tested exhaustively.

If not why does everybody who has studied cosmology or quantum mechanics say one thing and pretty much only you say the other?

All this testing has been extensively documented.

You could start by reading this:

http://www.hawking.org.uk/does-god-play-dice.html

It has been tested exhaustively.

If not why does everybody who has studied cosmology or quantum mechanics say one thing and pretty much only you say the other?

All this testing has been extensively documented.

You could start by reading this:

http://www.hawking.org.uk/does-god-play-dice.html

It hasn't been tested because it can't be tested.

I have read that before and it doesn't discount the possibility that the universe is deterministic.

It hasn't been tested because it can't be tested.

I have read that before and it doesn't discount the possibility that the universe is deterministic.

No, mostly because most things once thought to be random can be explained and shown not to be random.

Once again, so how was that tested?