Nhs wasting money or is it?

on thursday i sat outside the hallamshire. a road waiting for a friend in out patients, and a paramedic car was ticking over all that time with the driver fast asleep, i was so concerned he was ok that i asked a staff member to see if he was allright he tapped on the window, and woke him up and he said he was ok. the car still ticked over for another 15 mins as we left, what a waste of fuel, imagine a thousand cars like that up and down the country add that up.i just wonder is it that its charging the equipment as it ticks over

---------- Post added 19-07-2015 at 15:06 ----------

ps the first time was 1 hour before i asked to see he was ok

could be I assume they have defibrillator machines and other equipment in the back that needs charging.

Good Point and probably the right reason too

or it could be air con keeping the driver cool as he takes a break because he doesn't go back to base for a break

could be, I assume they have defibrillator machines and other equipment in the back that needs charging.

Exactly.

Ambulances do the same, although think some of these now have solar panels to save them having to use fuel for this purpose. Perhaps not up here though.

I have always had nothing but praise for the NHS ,but a lot of money is being wasted by those that are running it. Perhaps we should return to basics .
Jeremy Hunt will sort it out. It's good we have a man with such unquestionable integrity as Health Minister.

Hi yes the cars do need to keep the engine running to ensure all the equipment is charged also the on board computers radio satnav ect . Re solar power with the amount of damage the cars are subjected to the cost of repair would probably be more than the savings .