Nhs wasting money or is it?

I didn't start a new thread because the site directed me here, so what I would like to know is, what all this survey business is when you visit the hospital ?

Twice in the last few months I have visited the Hallamshire Hospital and have been asked if I want to take part in a survey. When they rang me at home it was to ask if I would recommend their service to anyone else. Now this does seem a total waste of money to me. I mean the NHS is the NHS, it's not as if you can compare it to anything.

I didn't start a new thread because the site directed me here, so what I would like to know is, what all this survey business is when you visit the hospital ?

Twice in the last few months I have visited the Hallamshire Hospital and have been asked if I want to take part in a survey. When they rang me at home it was to ask if I would recommend their service to anyone else. Now this does seem a total waste of money to me. I mean the NHS is the NHS, it's not as if you can compare it to anything.

It's to measure whether the hospital is meeting targets. It is all a load of management guff, aimed to prove that one hospital is better than another. Not that this helps you, as you are most likely to use the one nearest.

In theory it is supposed to fix the service, but in practice it just means one set of bureaucrats gets to moan at another set of bureaucrats.

The above is my opinion by the way! (Before we get Mintplumbing moaning about what is truth and so on ;) )

If you want to see the NHS really waste money, then pop down in the early hours over the weekend.

All the drunks/idiots pile in and take over the place, the poor doctors obviously have a duty of care to look after people even though they're just smashed out of their mind.

It's a no-win situation for them, if someone turns up in A&E blind drunk and passes out they need to be seen to immediately and it costs a ton of money to do that.

What do you mean by return to basics?

why, a return to the days of leeches and cod liver oil for treatment, what else ?

and if that fails, a good old-fashioned exorcism should cure all ills.

(it'd save a fortune on mental health treatment, too)

If you want to see the NHS really waste money, then pop down in the early hours over the weekend.

All the drunks/idiots pile in and take over the place, the poor doctors obviously have a duty of care to look after people even though they're just smashed out of their mind.

It's a no-win situation for them, if someone turns up in A&E blind drunk and passes out they need to be seen to immediately and it costs a ton of money to do that.

agreed, instead of criticizing NHS let's look at the reasons why its such a drain on the public purse.

I honestly believe if people / thugs cant go out and drink and control themselves, they should be fined for taking up NHS resources.

---------- Post added 18-08-2015 at 11:45 ----------

I have always had nothing but praise for the NHS ,but a lot of money is being wasted by those that are running it. Perhaps we should return to basics .

its a massive organisation, not easy to run.

I honestly believe if people / thugs cant go out and drink and control themselves, they should be fined for taking up NHS resources..

I totally agree, if they realised the real cost it takes just looking after them they might think twice.

The worse part is after being sorted out by A&E and given some IV fluids it will totally sort out their hangover, so they will get straight back on it and return the next evening. :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

agreed, instead of criticizing NHS let's look at the reasons why its such a drain on the public purse.

I honestly believe if people / thugs cant go out and drink and control themselves, they should be fined for taking up NHS resources.

---------- Post added 18-08-2015 at 11:45 ----------

its a massive organisation, not easy to run.

Trouble with that approach is that it leads to the following...

I honestly believe if people cant go out and go hillwalking without falling off

they should be fined for taking up NHS resources.

I honestly believe if people cant go out and play football without getting injured they should be fined for taking up NHS resources.

I honestly believe if people cant go out and drive a car without crashing injured they should be fined for taking up NHS and police resources.

etc.....

---------- Post added 18-08-2015 at 12:14 ----------

I totally agree, if they realised the real cost it takes just looking after them they might think twice.

The worse part is after being sorted out by A&E and given some IV fluids it will totally sort out their hangover, so they will get straight back on it and return the next evening. :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Treat the injuries but not the hangover then. All hospitals are nice and quiet places where you can nurse a hangover in peace of course I'm sure they'd be back like a shot :D

it gets my goat too. Has to be top 3 peeves.:rant:

Trouble with that approach is that it leads to the following...

I honestly believe if people cant go out and go hillwalking without falling off

they should be fined for taking up NHS resources.

I honestly believe if people cant go out and play football without getting injured they should be fined for taking up NHS resources.

I honestly believe if people cant go out and drive a car without crashing injured they should be fined for taking up NHS and police resources.

football, hillwalking, car driving has nothing to do with it.

But If you go out and intoxicate yourself to dangerous levels or fights causing injury you should take responsibility for it. Same idiots are taking up police resources while there's rapes, murders and muggings going on.

:rant::rant: