The greatest threat to Israel?

And wasnt Palestine mentioned in the Bible. I know I dont believe much of what the Bible says but they must have kept to some historical accuracy.

So if Palestine was in the Bible surely they should be entitled to have their own state.

The word Palestine is derived form the word Philistine and the Philistines were not Arabs, they were Greek, the people calling themselves Palestinians are Arabs and not of Greek origins.

Oh I'm sure Israel can defend itself. They have no problem bombing the living daylights out of the Palestinians

Also they are defended by every western democracy going even though their human rights is appalling.

Would that be the same Palestinians who happily launch rockets into Israel on a weekly basis killing innocent people.

Dont paint the Palestinians as the innocent victims of Israeli brutality .

Would that be the same Palestinians who happily launch rockets into Israel on a weekly basis killing innocent people.

The Palestinians are under occupation and have a right to resist that occupation = http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/nov/20/palestinians-have-right-defend-themselves

:rolleyes:

And wasnt Palestine mentioned in the Bible. I know I dont believe much of what the Bible says but they must have kept to some historical accuracy.

So if Palestine was in the Bible surely they should be entitled to have their own state.

i suppose it depends how you define palestinian. if you mean muslim i would have to point out that islam wasn't invented until around 750ad.

The Palestinians are under occupation and have a right to resist that occupation = http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/nov/20/palestinians-have-right-defend-themselves

:rolleyes:

i suppose it depends how you define palestinian. if you mean muslim i would have to point out that islam wasn't invented until around 750ad.

The word Palestine is derived form the word Philistine and the Philistines were not Arabs, they were Greek, the people calling themselves Palestinians are Arabs and not of Greek origins.

A fair point.

Well lets compare the two.

Israel steals Palestinian land, blockades them in by building a huge wall and having all the best bits of land on Gaza and the West Bank. Its defended by the rest of the world and even has a nuclear arsenal.

The Palestinians (trying to defend themselves) fire a few rockets and what happens Israel retaliates by completely obliterating them. By bombing schools hospitals and even Mosques and places of worship.

Israel has the right to defend itself but its completely disproportionate to what the Palestinians have been accused of.

Well lets compare the two.

Israel steals Palestinian land, blockades them in by building a huge wall and having all the best bits of land on Gaza and the West Bank. Its defended by the rest of the world and even has a nuclear arsenal.

The Palestinians (trying to defend themselves) fire a few rockets and what happens Israel retaliates by completely obliterating them. By bombing schools hospitals and even Mosques and places of worship.

Israel has the right to defend itself but its completely disproportionate to what the Palestinians have been accused of.

doesn't land belong to the people living on it or do you consider immigrants have no right to be living in the uk?

doesn't land belong to the people living on it or do you consider immigrants have no right to be living in the uk?

Oh immigrants have a right to be living in the UK for sure. However thats a different situation all together. Immigrants come here and apply to be citizens of the UK. Whereas with Gaza and the West Bank Israel just went and stole land from the Palestinian people. Immigrants arnt coming over here and seizing land they are choosing to join us that's the difference.

The occupied territories became so after the 6 day war in 1967.

The Islamic countries surrounding Israel got bored one day and decided to go Jew slaughtering. They lost spectacularly due to their own incompetence and lost land as a result.

If you want to make a case against the establishment of modern Israel after the second world war you might have a point.

I think it's out of order to classify strapping a bomb to one of your own children and then sending them onto a bus full of your enemy's children as self-defence, but maybe that's just me.