No benefit entitlement for under 25s : so what happens to them ?

As for pensions, today's pensioners will remain on £113 per week state pension for the rest of their lives, rather than the new £150 enjoyed by the next generation of pensioners - and in spite of what Cameron says, it will NOT be made up to the higher rate in the vast majority of cases. That's just more despicable double speak from Cameron....

I thought most got an extra top up? (Additional State Pension)

The State Second Pension since 2002

You contribute towards your Additional State Pension through your National Insurance contributions when you’re:

employed and earning over the lower earnings limit of £5,824 in the 2015 to 2016 tax year

looking after children under 12 and claiming Child Benefit

caring for a sick or disabled person more than 20 hours a week and claiming Carer’s Credit

working as a registered foster carer and claiming Carer’s Credit

receiving certain other benefits due to illness or disability

Not everybody paid into serps (second pension) so won't get the top up. There are also lots of other reasons which are too complicated for me regarding the way it's calculated which will cause a lot of people to miss out. I read somewhere that only 1 in 4 will get the full rate but I can't remember where.

I won't get it either, in spite of having to wait 3 years longer for it, and neither will several of my friends. And because I have some modest savings I won't be able to get any other top ups either. Overall, if you calculate the difference between the £113 and £150pw over 20 years, I will have lost out to the tune of more than £40,000...

Not everybody paid into serps (second pension) so won't get the top up. There are also lots of other reasons which are too complicated for me regarding the way it's calculated which will cause a lot of people to miss out. I read somewhere that only 1 in 4 will get the full rate but I can't remember where.

I won't get it either, in spite of having to wait 3 years longer for it, and neither will several of my friends. And because I have some modest savings I won't be able to get any other top ups either. Overall, if you calculate the difference between the £113 and £150pw over 20 years, I will have lost out to the tune of more than £40,000...

Minimum income guarantee, pension credit is ~£150 a week.

Only reasons you get less than £150 pension form the state is if you do not apply for pension credit, or have a private pension which takes your income well above £150 a week.