No benefit entitlement for under 25s : so what happens to them ?

I hate to point out, but your tax and insurance calculation was £20...How dumb is that?

And of course who said McD's would be a 40 hour contract?

what the heck. an admin on this forum calling names!!!!!

if you go on gov website and put in the amount aweek then you will see. i suppose you are too busy posting on here to have time to have a life and know the real world

£20 for Tax and Ni? what the f...lol no.

Lets say £260 a week x 4 weeks = £1,040 before tax/ni

£1,040 x 12 = £12,480. As I can't do free pay etc off the top of my head for tax (although standard tax code this year is 1060L (so you don't pay tax on your first £10,060 pounds give or take), but the allowance is split down per month.

So that's about 838 per month £1040-838 = 202 * 20% = £40 tax roughly speaking

NI will be around the same mark.

Oh and don't forget the work place pension they have to pay.

I wish he wasn't,but he is actually closer to mark :o (his comments as a whole are still ignorant though :D).

You have taken a weekly wage, multiplied by four,and then multiplied it by twelve which of course gives you 48 weeks pay,and not 52 :P.

The MSE calculator came up with :-

"SUMMARY

Earn £13,520 in 2015/2016 and you'll take home £12,281. This means £1,023 in your pocket a month.

Over the year you'll pay £584 income tax and £655 in National Insurance."

Which equates to £23.82 per week combined.

It still would be hard to live on that wage though.:)

I wish he wasn't,but he is actually closer to mark :o (his comments as a whole are still ignorant though :D).

You have taken a weekly wage, multiplied by four,and then multiplied it by twelve which of course gives you 48 weeks pay,and not 52 :P.

The MSE calculator came up with :-

"SUMMARY

Earn £13,520 in 2015/2016 and you'll take home £12,281. This means £1,023 in your pocket a month.

Over the year you'll pay £584 income tax and £655 in National Insurance."

Which equates to £23.82 per week combined.

It still would be hard to live on that wage though.:)

This of course assumes 40 hour week....

SqueakyPete, there is a reason I said roughly. Because the £20 doesn't cover tax paid/salary already paid. Plus hours etc. (as PeteMorris has already mentioned)

Plus the reality of a landlord accepting 3 young fellas sharing a house...(I would have hated to share in my youth)....And then of course there's the issue of a bond....

We all know certain people are simply here to make mischief. It's a classic example.

Illuminati, despite his lack of tact is right. You can live on a mcjob salary or a couple of years. I've known plenty that have done.

Won't be easy but since when has being a young worker been easy?

The sense of entitlement on here is extraordinary. If the government listened to you lot we'd be in the same position as Greece with 6 months.

Illuminati, despite his lack of tact is right. You can live on a mcjob salary or a couple of years. I've known plenty that have done.

The sense of entitlement on here is extraordinary. If the government listened to you lot we'd be in the same position as Greece with 6 months.

The point being...McD's is going to solve the youth employment issue?...I think not...It won't stop our youth being made homeless and jobless and effectively abandoned by society.

You're in full favour of that I assume?

This of course assumes 40 hour week....

Of course,and the likely hood of it being 40 is probably slim to none :D.

That being said,this is the figure the other 2 were working out on,so it only made sense to follow suit for the sake of equations :P.

---------- Post added 20-07-2015 at 18:42 ----------

SqueakyPete, there is a reason I said roughly. Because the £20 doesn't cover tax paid/salary already paid. Plus hours etc. (as PeteMorris has already mentioned)

Given the basic layout he was using (40 hours @£6.50),he was "roughly" right to say £20 (closer to £24,but hey,he wasn't a mile out).

You worked out £40,and that was based on a 48 week year :D(did you say you worked in payroll too?:D)

Anyway,im not trying to have a pop,its just when you shoot him down with "£20 for Tax and Ni? what the f...lol no.",it needs to be said that he was a lot closer than you with his estimation.;)

So what would you do with a lad who was kicked out of his home by his parents at 18 ? Or his parent(s) die or whatever. What would you actually do if you worked at the benfits office ? What do you think should happen to him ?

I`m sorry but I`m no hypocrite. I had a very stressful time at home when I was in my late teens (though the relationship with my parents improved immeasurably after I left home ! ), staying at home wasn`t a good idea for anyone. The DHSS helped set me up in a home at 18 - when you`re supposed to be an independent adult - and that`s what they should have done then and they should be doing now. And, I hasten to add, since then I`ve repaid into the states coffers (in my personal tax, the VAT from my business`s sales and also the PAYE from my employees) far far far more than I ever got out. There`s no "I`m alright Jack" from me, I don`t think they should kick the support out from under younger versions of me now, despite the fact I`m very much paying for it.....

---------- Post added 20-07-2015 at 22:40 ----------

It`s even more obscene when one remembers they (like all governments to be fair) are continuing to bribe older folks for their votes by ensuring their benefits only ever go up up and away. Even worse, they cut inheritance tax ! We`re all in this together - apparently - and there are cuts all over the place, but they find Gawd knows how much so some offspring can inherit a house worth £1,000,000 (that they haven`t done a stroke of work for) and pay no tax on it ! Unbelievable. I`ll never vote Tory, ever, and I`m a married home owning small business man and employer !

I would actually like to know what would happen to a homeless young person with no job (it rather helps to have a home address to get a job, and I speak as an employer), I mean in practical terms.

Oh yes, I forgot the Government is also finding squillions to enable Housing Assoc tenants to buy their houses at a huge discount !

Question : is there anyone in favour of that policy (apart from Housing assoc tenants who want to buy their house at a big discount.....) ?