Fat Pride or no Pride?

Is calling someone a tubba or chubsie the same as a racial or sexual slur?

I dont think so but i was surprised to hear that some people think so

For me being obese isnt the same as being gay or a women or black. What do you think?

Is calling someone a tubba or chubsie the same as a racial or sexual slur?

I dont think so but i was surprised to hear that some people think so

For me being obese isnt the same as being gay or a women or black. What do you think?

Why do you feel the need to insult someone?

Do you have to find a reason to be derogatory to everybody, or is it something that you reserve for people that have an obvious thing that you can pick on?

Were you the sort of child who picked on other children in school because they wore glasses?

I dont but some do. Im just opening up the subject for people to discuss.

Sorry that you didnt understand that but im happy ive been able to straighten you out :)

So the point that your discussing is that it's wrong to insult someone over their weight, but wrong in a different way from being racist or homophobic?

Do you have to find a reason to be derogatory to everybody, or is it something that you reserve for people that have an obvious thing that you can pick on?

Were you the sort of child who picked on other children in school because they wore glasses?

:hihi:

I think I now know the OP's next thread... ;)

Who?

Me?

If you mean me then you really need to read both the thread and my post history. You obviously have me confused with someone else.

---------- Post added 20-07-2015 at 15:23 ----------

So the point that your discussing is that it's wrong to insult someone over their weight, but wrong in a different way from being racist or homophobic?

What im asking is do people feel that 'fatism' for want of a better word is the same as sexism, homophobia or racism.

Simple really.

So, to bring things back on track, Do you?

Do you feel abuse against bigger people should be categorised as hate speech?

---------- Post added 20-07-2015 at 15:24 ----------

:hihi:

I think I now know the OP's next thread... ;)

Go then, im curious. Whats my next thread?

---------- Post added 20-07-2015 at 15:25 ----------

Not really. I wore glasses, a leg brace for most of my youth and had a spinal problem which made me the butt of many a joke at school.

Im not sure why youd assume something like that but im happy to dispel that myth for you :)

Why do people have to have an opinion on someone else anyway? :huh:

The only thing im interested in is should calling larger people names be considered hate speech in the same way as the other groups i mentioned?

Thats it :)

It is from the perspective of being abused because of it (the victim)..you will know this because of you disabilities. And no, I'm not saying being Gay, a woman, or Black is a disability, but some do find a comfort in compartmentalizing.