Fat Pride or no Pride?

I'm not sure where you are getting name calling from in my post??

Do you want to run that by me again?

If you are fat and you don't like being called names then lose weight!! eat less, move more.

So when you say in one post - if you don't like being called names, and you also say in another - you're not sure where I'm getting name calling from the post. What are you trying to say?

Do you want to run that by me again?

So when you say in one post - if you don't like being called names, and you also say in another - you're not sure where I'm getting name calling from the post. What are you trying to say?

This is making me laugh...

I'm being called moronic for making statements and yet I feel like I am trying to explain myself to children....

AGAIN!! Please show me where I have called anyone names...

---------- Post added 21-07-2015 at 12:13 ----------

Then don't make moronic statements and I won't point out the idiocy of the statement..

Is it moronic because it isn't you're opinion therefore it doesn't count???

Interesting...

This is making me laugh...

I'm being called moronic for making statements and yet I feel like I am trying to explain myself to children....

AGAIN!! Please show me where I have called anyone names...

So where did I literally say that "you" called somebody a name? I was replying to this post, specifically the part I've put in bold:

I'll answer you...

No, I don't think it is the same, at all!

Aside from those who suffer medically with their weight, the majority of overweight people are overweight because of too many calories going into their mouths and not doing enough exercise..

Being black / gay / disabled isn't a choice and the abuse these folk get is appalling..

If you are fat and you don't like being called names then lose weight!! eat less, move more.

I was suggesting that there may be another way for overweight people to avoid being abused other than losing weight, namely the person who feels the need to throw abuse around could keep their feelings to themselves.

It really isn't a difficult concept to grasp, so I do not know why they're struggling with it.

So where did I literally say that "you" called somebody a name? I was replying to this post, specifically the part I've put in bold:

I was suggesting that there may be another way for overweight people to avoid being abused other than losing weight, namely the person who feels the need to throw abuse around could keep their feelings to themselves.

It really isn't a difficult concept to grasp, so I do not know why they're struggling with it.

Nobody should be subjected to abuse! I've never said anyone should!

My point was that someone who is overweight can actually do something about it (if they chose to) but someone cannot chose the colour of their skin/sexual preference or disability and in my opinion the two are not the same.

The world is full of abusive people and all those on here who think their keyboard skills will change that then good luck to you all..

Yes you have. You've defended abuse by attacking an overweight individual by suggesting they shouldn't get fat in order to avoid abuse, which anyone with a sense of insight will read it as such.'Fat? Suck the insult up fatso'.. You're so wrapped up in your own prejudice you don't even understand your own ramblings. And you have the gall to whip off 'it's like communicating with children'. :loopy:

---------- Post added 21-07-2015 at 16:53 ----------

What about pigeon holing.

Not sure of your point..they're the same.

Morons and cretins are not visible or obvious by "nurture and ones life experiences". Pointing out that a moron is evident by his or her sentiments isn't verbal abuse, it's merely pointing it out. the reader can come to their own conclusion. I take it you agree that insulting a Black, a gay or an overweight person is justified simply because of their appearance and your lack of nurture and life experience? Or would you regard such a statement as moronic, cretinous or idiotic regardless?

How do you tell a stupid person they are stupid without telling them they are stupid?

Why do you feel the need to tell stupid people that they are stupid, you are in the same camp as someone that feels the need to tell fat people that they are fat.

---------- Post added 21-07-2015 at 22:09 ----------

My point was that someone who is overweight can actually do something about it (if they chose to) but someone cannot chose the colour of their skin/sexual preference or disability and in my opinion the two are not the same.

The world is full of abusive people and all those on here who think their keyboard skills will change that then good luck to you all..

I find it bizarre that some people think it is unacceptable to verbally abuse someone for being fat, but they are happy to abuse someone that they think lacks intelligence, and lacking intelligence is less of a choice than being fat.