Is there any point to Labour anymore?

I like Corbyn. But I think middle England would be very wary of him and a Corbyn led Labour would get crushed.

The only candidate with a glimmer of hope of winning the next election is Liz Kendall but she's tainted by being a Blairite, plus the Labour party as a whole seems determined to lurch to the left.

the reason liz kendall might have a glimmer of winning is because she is blairite.

On the telly they keep reporting that single parent families will not be able to live on the benefits. Why are the fathers of the children continuingly getting away with not contributing towards the family costs. A lot more should be done about this.:rant:

I agree, they need to streamline the legal process to force absent fathers to pay.

I wonder if half the time the mother doesn't want the father in the picture, so does not pursue child maintenance as a way of keeping them out of the way???

On the telly they keep reporting that single parent families will not be able to live on the benefits. Why are the fathers of the children continuingly getting away with not contributing towards the family costs. A lot more should be done about this.:rant:

That's something that is not been asked of the politicians and I just don't know why. Even the leadership debates last Sunday skipped it - instead one of them (possibly Corbyn) going off on some obscure rant about how benefits would be paid to the third child if the child was the result of a rape.

The only programme I saw that referred to absent fathers not paying their way was C4's The Last Leg, more comedy than politics.