Are people/workers just yellow?

I lodged a grievance with my union, about my job being underpaid compared to other workers.

Many people say that we are underpaid, £7.18 an hour, for driving a minibus and being responsible for up to 15 passengers, I am told litter pickers get more.

I have worked for the council for 8 years, but I thought this had already been appealed, obviously not.

The mainly male drivers used to get paid more than the mainly female passenger assistants, but then there was equal pay. They are soon to be going on a 2 day training course, and will get a 10p an hour rise.

I lodged a grievance with my union, about my job being underpaid compared to other workers.

Many people say that we are underpaid, £7.18 an hour, for driving a minibus and being responsible for up to 15 passengers, I am told litter pickers get more.

I have worked for the council for 8 years, but I thought this had already been appealed, obviously not.

The mainly male drivers used to get paid more than the mainly female passenger assistants, but then there was equal pay. They are soon to be going on a 2 day training course, and will get a 10p an hour rise.

Is that a complaint?

Who are you underpaid in comparison with, just litter pickers?

They aren't responsible for driving, but they are outside in the weather all day...

Perhaps you could just resign and get a job driving somewhere else. If driving is worth more than you're being paid then a pay increase should be pretty easy by changing employers.

Perhaps you could just resign and get a job driving somewhere else. If driving is worth more than you're being paid then a pay increase should be pretty easy by changing employers.

Or just get another job before resigning. I have been looking, but the hours suit my lifestyle, at the moment.

There is another job with the council, driving and clearing waste, pay is more. But its a work 4 days then 3 the next week. I just want my job assessed properly, then I will be happy.

I dont know accurately what other jobs pay and conditions are, a more varied/active job would be good, I would just need to make sure the dog was ok.

If you want a pay rise then go and ask for one! If you don't ask you don't get..

The unions sort all that out, I have raised an issue, so it is being reviewed. Many seem to come to me for information, we are getting a new leader soon, way overdue.