Are people/workers just yellow?

Are you scared to rock the boat?

I am, but I dont really care at the moment. I will do my job to the best of my ability where ever they send me.

And getting a fair share for everyone, shows I can get things done, I am not a yes man ;)

---------- Post added 22-07-2015 at 16:34 ----------

I currently have a holiday pay claim going thru, I am not aware of anyone else doing this.

http://www.out-law.com/en/articles/2014/december/uk-decision-to-limit-holiday-back-pay-claims-to-two-years-provides-safety-net-to-employers-says-expert/

Or just get another job before resigning. I have been looking, but the hours suit my lifestyle, at the moment.

There is another job with the council, driving and clearing waste, pay is more. But its a work 4 days then 3 the next week. I just want my job assessed properly, then I will be happy.

I dont know accurately what other jobs pay and conditions are, a more varied/active job would be good, I would just need to make sure the dog was ok.

It really pees me off when I give someone employment, only to find out later that they lied about being flexible and they need to work their hours round their bloody dog.

Do employers ask, do you have a dog, do you have kids, how often do you see your parents; that would be the givaway.
it would also be seen as being prejudiced ... "you won't employ a family man who wants to engage with his kids"

Next question ... you are a young woman in your 20's, are you thinking of having babies? - the answer you give depends on whether you get the job, so think carefully

Even if employers asked, which candidate would say he's not flexible?

---------- Post added 23-07-2015 at 10:52 ----------

Who are you underpaid in comparison with, just litter pickers?

They aren't responsible for driving, but they are outside in the weather all day...

and theres 'danger money'. The need to handle glass and junkie needles

Do employers ask, do you have a dog, do you have kids, how often do you see your parents; that would be the givaway.

If they ask "are you flexible" and you just say "yes" then they can of course follow that up in more detail.

---------- Post added 23-07-2015 at 11:19 ----------

it would also be seen as being prejudiced ... "you won't employ a family man who wants to engage with his kids"

Next question ... you are a young woman in your 20's, are you thinking of having babies? - the answer you give depends on whether you get the job, so think carefully

Even if employers asked, which candidate would say he's not flexible?

I think asking such questions would put an employer in a very difficult position if anyone challenged not being offered a job.

But they can drill into flexibility, hell, it can be written into the contract to define exactly what is required.

One of my friends has to do an on call rota, the details are in his contract.

Personally I don't think it's at all unreasonable for people to have commitments outside of work. The dog won't feed or walk himself. So in that case an employee might be able to work an extra hour, but probably not two or three, unless it's arranged in advance.

If they ask "are you flexible" and you just say "yes" then they can of course follow that up in more detail.

---------- Post added 23-07-2015 at 11:19 ----------

I think asking such questions would put an employer in a very difficult position if anyone challenged not being offered a job.

But they can drill into flexibility, hell, it can be written into the contract to define exactly what is required.

One of my friends has to do an on call rota, the details are in his contract.

Personally I don't think it's at all unreasonable for people to have commitments outside of work. The dog won't feed or walk himself. So in that case an employee might be able to work an extra hour, but probably not two or three, unless it's arranged in advance.

Just out of interest, how would you 'challenge' not being offered a job? Often employers don't even bother sending a thanks but no thanks letter, and they 'never' give reasons why if they do. :huh: