Is evolution enough?

The exact reference for gravitationally induced state vector reduction in the book I mentioned is page 846 para 3.10, Schrodinger's lump. Anyway I also have another, less expensive reference where it's described more simply. It's Roger Penrose's Shadows of the Mind, pp339 to346. Vintage press 2005. The second reference is quite philosophical but still requires some knowledge of quantum theory maths. I admit that I may have interpreted it incorrectly when I claimed that two gravitational bodies have greater self gravitational energy when they are further apart cf when closer. It's just that the work done in separating these bodies a against their self gravity is positive so I don't see how the energy they end up with can be negative energy. Maybe you can explain. Another thing that surprised me is that you said the gravitational energy has to be negative just because the total energy in the known universe is zero. Does this mean that gravitational energy equals the entire atomic energy = mc squared, ignoring smaller sources of energy such as Newtonian momentum, etc? m is the mass of the universe. If you're right that's an awful lot of gravitational energy! I know about dark energy. I'm only discussing the usual sort because that's the sort your theory relates to I believe.

Edited by woolyhead
incomplete