Beko Washing Machine

On 23/5/15 I bought a Beko washing machine.

I haven't used it relentlessly and as its only 2 months old not for that long. Yesterday it's decided to turn itself from a 30 minute wash on 40 degrees, to a wash that instead of the minutes decreasing they increased, and changed to 90 degrees. It had done it the day before but I thought I had accidentally set it wrong.

Yesterday the temperature wouldn't change from 90 so I can't use it at all at the moment.

This boiled our clothes for almost an hour. By the time I realised, Barbie would have had to diet to fit in them, and everything was grey due to the blue pocket on a white top leaking.

The customer service can send me an engineer on Friday, but laughed at the fact our clothes were ruined. It's not a great fortune but it would have been nice for customer care to actually care and not more or less say hard luck.

Edited by trackrunner

Don’t take this the wrong way. How do you know it went from 40 to 90. When you start a wash and my granddaughter twists the dial to a random setting it should not change the original settings. What I mean is if you start a wash on coloured cotton @ 40 and it starts. Even if you change the settings after it starts it will not interfere with the started wash program.

Don’t take this the wrong way. How do you know it went from 40 to 90. When you start a wash and my granddaughter twists the dial to a random setting it should not change the original settings. What I mean is if you start a wash on coloured cotton @ 40 and it starts. Even if you change the settings after it starts it will not interfere with the started wash program.

It will/could if the main PCB or the control PCB is playing up.

What I am trying to find out is how you know the water is a differing temperatures? 40, 90 etc?? A number 1 is 90. A number 3 is 40.

---------- Post added 23-07-2015 at 01:42 ----------

For everyday washing set it to number 4.

---------- Post added 23-07-2015 at 01:45 ----------

....... 4=50

---------- Post added 23-07-2015 at 01:55 ----------

Are we saying in 2015 a washing machine cant wash clothes correctly because 2015 technology is going wonky donkey but a calculator put man on the moon in 69?!?! Is that what we are saying?!?!?

When I managed to get the door open the washing/water was boiling, too hot to touch.

It was set to 40 I saw it, and it later said 90. If you would like to pop round and put your washing in and see for yourself feel free, although you might have to go to Weight Watchers to get back in them.

Edited by trackrunner