Faith Schools let's get rid?

The school holidays are now upon us so!!!

Is it not time that the Government banned these divisive institutions once and for all.

These schools just mean that people of different faith never come into meaningful contact with each other and leads to the problems now being experienced in our Towns and City's where people of different backgrounds never mix.

These schools just mean that people of different faith never come into meaningful contact with each other

Depends what you mean by faith schools? If you're talking about CofE and Catholic ones (which make up one third of our education system) you couldn't be any more wrong.

They also get a chunk of cash to keep running from their religious organisations, so you'd better factor in extra cash from the government to run them.

Depends what you mean by faith schools? If you're talking about CofE and Catholic ones (which make up one third of our education system) you couldn't be any more wrong.

They also get a chunk of cash to keep running from their religious organisations, so you'd better factor in extra cash from the government to run them.

Any school run by a faith organization is bound to be biased. We want kids to learn the truth about everything from the start; not to be brainwashed untill they become an adult, and then we find we have a problem with with certain peoples ingrained beliefs.

The extra money needed should not be an issue. But we should be prepared for faith schools being funded directly by their faiths; how should we combat this?

Agreed, My Daughter went to a very good faith school (Catholic), Religion wasn't rammed down her throat, one of her best friends from that Catholic school is Muslim.

Agreed, My Daughter went to a very good faith school (Catholic), Religion wasn't rammed down her throat, one of her best friends from that Catholic school is Muslim.

Agreed. Same with my son (C of E) who went to excellent faith schools (Catholic) for his entire school life. And where his best friend was a Sikh. Religion wasn't rammed down his throat but he was obviously made aware of the Catholic doctrine. However, he was never denied the opportunity of voicing his own opinions.

When I was at school no one knew what religion any one was it was only later on in life that I realised that some of my pals where Jewish some Catholic and so on.

Our school worked with morning assembly [cane time:mad:] every one joined in and never bothered what the whole rigmerole was all about.

It worked we were all best friends no name calling or differences ,that is what school should be about.