Walkley Beer Co. - Now open Thursdays

taxman

I don't drink the 6%ers as if I'm out, its usually 3 or 4 pints. I asked for cask and for something at around 4% and believe that's what I got.

Down to the Palm for a couple more ... nice (proper) cask Tetleys @ £2.50 and a nice lass running the place, so I was happy.

Each to their own, but the beer shop isn't for me. It always seems full, so I doubt they'll miss me and good luck to them.

I usually go in for an early one as its so close to my house but it gets a bit claustrophobic in there and the misses doesn't go in as they don't do gin. Also its very rare they have a bitter on.

its usually off to the closed shop where we found they had run out of her favourite Loxley Gin which didn't go down at all well last Friday and we were too late to bother with the Blake by then.

Its going to get interesting down that end when the library bar opens as I suspect they'll be looking at nabbing punters from the beer shop.

• 1 year later...