Can you see Boris Johnson or George Osborne as next PM?

Was having a wee shufty and boris and osborne are neck and neck to be next PM in 2020!

Perhaps Labour have a chance after all. Lets say one is a buffoon and the t'other unlikeable to be kind. are they really PM material.

Or does anyone think people will vote for these two?

or is anyone else coming up in the wings?

I can't imagine Osborne being electable as PM. I was surprised when the recent Budget was seen as being his bid for the leadership. He just doesn't appear "normal" enough. A bit like john Redwood, when he was touting for the position a few years ago.

I'm not sure about Boris. He would be a breath of fresh air, but I also think he might be a bit of a loose cannon. But he is not a buffoon. He didn't get where he is by accident.

Edit. Re Osbourne. The Conservatives will see Osborne as being unelectable, and so will never pick him. It would be on a par with the Labour Party choosing Michael Foot, Ed Miliband or Jeremy Corbyn

Edited by Eater Sundae

If the Guardian is dissing him, then they are scared of him ... IMHO.

---------- Post added 24-07-2015 at 15:16 ----------

I can't imagine Osborne being electable as PM. I was surprised when the recent Budget was seen as being his bid for the leadership. He just doesn't appear "normal" enough. A bit like john Redwood, when he was touting for the position a few years ago.

He went to the wrong school you see - bleeding Oik ! :)

I agree with what you say - slightly odd.

I'm not sure about Boris. He would be a breath of fresh air, but I also think he might be a bit of a loose cannon. But he is not a buffoon. He didn't get where he is by accident.

I agree with what you say here

---------- Post added 24-07-2015 at 15:16 ----------

Boris would wipe the floor with any of the Labour potentials.

Hell yes :D

Boris would wipe the floor with any of the Labour potentials.

The way Labour is going, a donkey with a blue rosette could beat them in a general election!

Mind you, that's already the case in most places in the home counties.

Edit. Re Osbourne. The Conservatives will see Osborne as being unelectable, and so will never pick him. It would be on a par with the Labour Party choosing Michael Foot, Ed Miliband or Jeremy Corbyn

I cant see Osborne ever as PM.

Boris is likeable but does he have the gravitas to be PM on a world stage? not so sure about that.

---------- Post added 24-07-2015 at 15:37 ----------

see them both as number 2's for different reasons. I can't see anyone in blue ranks to trouble labour. if labour get there act together by 2020 they have a chance. Jarvis, Umunna, possibly even Burnham.

---------- Post added 24-07-2015 at 15:39 ----------

The way Labour is going, a donkey with a blue rosette could beat them in a general election!

Mind you, that's already the case in most places in the home counties.

5 years to go to next GE.

Heart says I'd like to see Corbyn win but they would be out of power for 10 years at least with him leading, no joke.

I cant see Osborne ever as PM.

Boris is likeable but does he have the gravitas to be PM on a world stage? not so sure about that.

---------- Post added 24-07-2015 at 15:37 ----------

see them both as number 2's for different reasons. I can't see anyone in blue ranks to trouble labour. if labour get there act together by 2020 they have a chance. Jarvis, Umunna, possibly even Burnham.

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi: