Can you see Boris Johnson or George Osborne as next PM?

Boris would wipe the floor with any of the Labour potentials.

7 years as mayor and the housing problem is as bad as ever.

Mixed record as mayor at best. whats he going to do with the whole of UK?

5 years to go to next GE.

Heart says I'd like to see Corbyn win but they would be out of power for 10 years at least with him leading, no joke.

I think it will take longer than that before people forget enough to fall for Labour's nonsense again. People don't readily forgive massive recessions.

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

some names then? theresa May ? :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi

---------- Post added 24-07-2015 at 15:43 ----------

I think it will take longer than that before people forget enough to fall for Labour's nonsense again. People don't readily forgive massive recessions.

labour didnt cause the recession. thats beside the point.

---------- Post added 24-07-2015 at 15:44 ----------

face it cameron was your trump card, and he's off.

some names then? theresa May ? :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi

Boris would win easily. Osbourne wouldn't have too much trouble either.

My big toe would probably also win.

labour didnt cause the recession. thats beside the point.

It's really not beside the point.

It's also not true.

Boris would win easily. Osbourne wouldn't have too much trouble either.

My big toe would probably also win.

It's really not beside the point.

It's also not true.

ever heard of the global finanicial crisis? maybe that had something to do with the (global) recession.

I can't imagine Osborne being electable as PM. I was surprised when the recent Budget was seen as being his bid for the leadership. He just doesn't appear "normal" enough...

Is it just me, or does George Osborne look more like a member of Kraftwerk circa 1978/Man Machine, every day?

I'm not sure about Boris. He would be a breath of fresh air, but I also think he might be a bit of a loose cannon...

A water cannon, in Boris' case (or three of them).

7 years as mayor and the housing problem is as bad as ever.

Mixed record as mayor at best. whats he going to do with the whole of UK?

If you take the blinkers off the housing issue for a minute, you might get a better view of Johnson's record: the housing is so bad because it can't keep up with the world and its dog beating a path to London. Some food for thought.

I would certainly relish GE campaigning by Boris for Tory PM, that would be bound to provide some of the best political entertainment in years, if not decades. Oh, but to see him go toe-to-toe with Farage :D

He's got a Churchill-esque quality about him that I'm not seeing in any others, of any side.

ever heard of the global finanicial crisis? maybe that had something to do with the (global) recession.

That was the trigger, not the cause.

The UK had 6 consecutive quarters of negative growth.

The US had 4

Germany had 2 despite the €Z mess

Canada had 3

Pretty much the only countries to do comparably bad or worse were the PIIGS.

The Labour government ran a large deficit before the crisis when the economy was booming. That was insane. Even Keynesians will tell you that during a boom you pay down your debt.

Also, the crisis was caused by sub-prime mortgages (money lent to people who were unlikely to be able to pay it back) primarily in the US and the UK.

Labour's FSA was in large part responsible for bringing on the global financial crisis in the first place. They also pressured our banks into running at very high leverage, so that when the housing market underwent a correction, they were screwed.

Try again.

Edited by unbeliever

Labour's FSA was in large part responsible for bringing on the global financial crisis in the first place.
By letting the City run amok and rampant with toxic derivatives in collusion with NYSE, even though repeatedly warned about it (as was the Gvt and the Exchequer) by professional (and in some cases highly-respected and reputed) economists commissioned for looking it into and advising about it. Was Gordo ever going to listen? Was he f***, just looking at all them tax £££s falling into N.11's scoop.

But that's never been acknowledged by any Labourite/leftist poster on here, no matter how objectively, simply and long you explain it to them, so good luck with that argument.

Edited by L00b

By letting the City run amok and rampant with toxic derivatives in collusion with NYSE, even though repeatedly warned about it (as was the Gvt and the Exchequer) by professional (and in some cases highly-respected and reputed) economists commissioned for looking it into and advising about it. Was Gordo ever going to listen? Was he f***, just looking at all them tax £££s falling into N.11's scoop.

But that's never been acknowledged by any Labourite/leftist poster on here, no matter how objectively, simply and long you explain it to them, so good luck with that argument.

I know. It gets me down sometimes as well. It does however have the virtue of being the truth. And it must be having some impact as demonstrated by the whupping Labour just got in the election.