Channel tunnel problems! caused by the illegal migrants.

How much do they get?

The people who don't want asylum seekers also show a marked reluctance to use google to check facts.

How much depends - the answers are here.

https://www.gov.uk/asylum-support/what-youll-get

---------- Post added 25-07-2015 at 19:37 ----------

Why not? Dore and Totley have got areas of social housing.

Asylum seekers don't get access to social housing. They are placed in private rented accommodation - the cheapest available.

I watched a programme on BBC1 yesterday morning about council officers chasing people up for fraud. They went to a house in London with the police, I think it had about 9 people living in it they did a check and found several were illegal, they called immigration who said they had no one to deal with it. They had to leave them there and rely on them handing themselves in.:loopy:

When immigrants get on the food lorries at Calais, the food has then got to be destroyed. The cost in one year was one billion pounds and this is putting the price of food up. I feel sorry for the lorry drivers.

Countries such as Italy cant cope with all these immigrant who are coming over in boats. Therefore they are just letting them go. I bet a lot of them are hoping to get into Germany or England. No country will use force against them because of political correctness.

how can WE be lax when its on the french side? lol Oo

also why isnt it other countries faults not stopping them in further away countries BEFORE they get to France?

The real question is , why do they pass through many safe countries in an effort to get to Blighty. ?

---------- Post added 25-07-2015 at 23:47 ----------

Let's get the facts straight here, compared to other EU countries the UK is taking in far, far fewer refugees per capita. The reason is that they can't actually get here without having to go through the channel-tunnel. Does that make it the problem of other countries? What should those countries do, take on even more of their fair share whilst Cameron refuses to sort anything out?

Those people at Calais want to come here, that is why they are in Calais. With that, they become the UK's responsibility

Why do they want to come here, that is the key-question. The answer is simple: They can actually make a living here because the country is incredibly naive/lax/inefficient with ID-rules. In most other EU countries they get screened as soon as they come in and are 'parked' in refugee camps and processed. Exactly what should happen here, but instead the UK is happy to let this remain the problem of other countries.

No they arnt our responsibility at all. They arnt British citizens . The French are responsible for not stopping them entering France ,so now they are on french soil, its their problem. The French should stop them getting over the border in to france if they dont want them there.

Not our problem my friend.

No they arnt our responsibility at all. They arnt British citizens . The French are responsible for not stopping them entering France ,so now they are on french soil, its their problem. The French should stop them getting over the border in to france if they dont want them there.

Not our problem my friend.

This is exactly what I mean, this is typical of the UK, turn a blind eye so the problem goes away. We can see that in a lot of situations, particularly those that you agitate against vehemently Penistone.

As for those people saying 'we are full' and 'they cost too much'. Good job! You've managed to display a degree of ignorance that is so dark in its purest form that it scares babies. (Afterall, we are full and they cost a lot of money babies do.)

This is exactly what I mean, this is typical of the UK, turn a blind eye so the problem goes away. We can see that in a lot of situations, particularly those that you agitate against vehemently Penistone.

As for those people saying 'we are full' and 'they cost too much'. Good job! You've managed to display a degree of ignorance that is so dark in its purest form that it scares babies. (Afterall, we are full and they cost a lot of money babies do.)

Do you think there is a reason that the migrants concentrate in the French ports? I know they are closest ports but why aren't they trying to get into the UK in such large numbers from Belgium, Holland, Spain and Denmark? How would these other countries manage the problem? Asking for your opinion because you are from Holland and might have an angle on what the Dutch would do.