Channel tunnel problems! caused by the illegal migrants.

So, illegal immigrants don't claim benefits.

Glad we cleared that one up so quickly.

yes they do once they become asylum seekers so open your eyes!! and the reason they come here is that the rest of europe dont support to the stupid extent we do here thats why they come and they know it.

yes they do once they become asylum seekers so open your eyes!! and the reason they come here is that the rest of europe dont support to the stupid extent we do here thats why they come and they know it.

How many asylum seekers do we host and what financial support do they receive from the state?

This as being going on for a few years now and they will all gain entry into the UK eventually as only yesterday it was reported that 11 were detained in Sheffield ( Friday,s Star) and 15 in Banbury BBC news web page and there was pictures of a group on a euro tunnel train. I would guess there are a lot more gaining entry who are not caught as the ones who are will only be the tip of the ice berg, the build up in Calais is most likely due to more stringent security in place now and the rest of the EU as open borders where you just go from one country to another without stopping or seeing any customs or immigration personnel even Switzerland which is not in the EU does not check everyone so it is very easy to go through several countries with out anyone checking who as entered or left a country.

This can only be changed by the European Parliament so not any time soon as it does seem to suit some countries to just turn a blind eye to it and leave it some one else.

If other Euro nations want them that's their business. It's not a UK problem and we don't want them here.

Exactly, this country is to small, if I wanted to live among foreigners I'd move abroad. Where I live every property that becomes empty the council is given to foreigners,now Julie Dore is bringing in another 180 refugees, I bet they don't end up in Dore, Totley or Whirlowdale.

we are lax we have a border presence on the french side of the tunnel, we just are not using it properly, there are immigration officers on the other side.

totally agree with you Mel it is other countries fault, why are the other countries not stopping them BEFORE ??? is it because its easier just to say "Allez" go on through get to the uk asap?? where is the EU when we need them?

---------- Post added 25-07-2015 at 14:26 ----------

dont be daft not invade, how can we? we are part of Europe!!!:gag: the EU should be helping not encouraging.

we already have border force in France but their hands are tied, just give them more powers to control the border as the "surrender monkey cheese eaters" wont help!

---------- Post added 25-07-2015 at 14:27 ----------

soldiers would be a good idea on the border, most other countries do, maybe not live rounds but rubber bullets and water cannon yes?

---------- Post added 25-07-2015 at 14:29 ----------

all of them should be stopped at the point they try and leave their country or where they try to enter another, its called strict border control but i dont think europe has heard of it!:suspect::suspect: america and Australia have the right idea.

My ex partner works for UKBA and he says that there are huge cuts in staffing at the moment. It hasn't been covered on the news as far as I'm aware....I think the government want to reassure the public that cuts aren't affecting front line services :rolleyes:

If they bring children then I guess quite a lot of financial support.

How much do they get?

---------- Post added 25-07-2015 at 17:44 ----------

Exactly, this country is to small, if I wanted to live among foreigners I'd move abroad. Where I live every property that becomes empty the council is given to foreigners,now Julie Dore is bringing in another 180 refugees, I bet they don't end up in Dore, Totley or Whirlowdale.

Why not? Dore and Totley have got areas of social housing.

How much do they get?

---------- Post added 25-07-2015 at 17:44 ----------

Why not? Dore and Totley have got areas of social housing.

any amount is too much and those areas have only small pockets of social housing and the quality of residences are far better so not a good idea to muddy the area?