Channel tunnel problems! caused by the illegal migrants.

If a country has 2 people and 1 is unemployed, the unemployment rate is 50%. If one job is created and 1 migrant comes over and gets the job, the British unemployed person is still unemployed even though the unemployment rate has now fallen to 33%.

Hope this helps you with your terrible grasp of maths.

Why would a British business want to/have to.employ a migrant over a British unemployed,in the Brits own country?

Hahaha! Thanks for that. Mate, by the time you get your GCSE in basic statistics you can come again. Until then, go hide in a corner at not understanding where your argument is failing.

Your inability top understand it doesn't mean WiseOwl182's argument is failing, their argument is sound.

If a country has 2 people and 1 is unemployed, the unemployment rate is 50%. If one job is created and 1 migrant comes over and gets the job, the British unemployed person is still unemployed even though the unemployment rate has now fallen to 33%.

Hope this helps you with your terrible grasp of maths.

Hahaha:hihi:

Even I got that one at the first post:rolleyes:

Why would a British business want to/have to.employ a migrant over a British unemployed,in the Brits own country?

Because my little innocent friend the employer can legally or illegally, depending on their scruples, exploit the newcomer/Immigrant by paying lower wages.

One reason could be that British people have become accustomed to not sharing their living accommodation with twenty strangers, and the wage on offer is insufficient to cover normal living costs. Migrants appear happy to rough it and live on very low wages and in poor conditions, which is very likley still an improvement on what they had in their home country.

Because my little innocent friend the employer can legally or illegally, depending on their scruples, exploit the newcomer/Immigrant by paying lower wages.

Why won't Cameron put a stop to that then if he is that bothered about immigration?...........instead of blaming the EU?

---------- Post added 01-08-2015 at 19:48 ----------

One reason could be that British people have become accustomed to not sharing their living accommodation with twenty strangers, and the wage on offer is insufficient to cover normal living costs. Migrants appear happy to rough it and live on very low wages and in poor conditions, which is very likley still an improvement on what they had in their home country.

But that explanation won't suit the anti migrant brigade will it?

Why won't Cameron put a stop to that then if he is that bothered about immigration?...........instead of blaming the EU?

---------- Post added 01-08-2015 at 19:48 ----------

But that explanation won't suit the anti migrant brigade will it?

Cameron IS trying to reduce immigration, but the previous Labour government changed this country so much by allowing virtually unfettered immigration, it is now an uphill battle. They did it to "wipe the smiles from the Tories' faces". I'm sure were all smiling now. I know I am.

Why not???

Because it means that migrants will still be coming over to take the jobs that British workshy won't take because they don't like/are not used to the conditions.

---------- Post added 01-08-2015 at 19:57 ----------

Cameron IS trying to reduce immigration, but the previous Labour government changed this country so much by allowing virtually unfettered immigration, it is now an uphill battle. They did it to "wipe the smiles from the Tories' faces". I'm sure were all smiling now. I know I am.

I didn't ask that though did I?.........I asked why he doesn't stop British business employing migrants over the British if he is that bothered about reducing immigration.......especially if they are offering 'illegal' wages.