Channel tunnel problems! caused by the illegal migrants.

He paints an emotive picture of people pushing their kids over fences as they flee genocide but it is a false impression.

The reality is they are nearly all young men trying to come to England for financial reasons. There are no killers chasing them. Nobody is threatening their kids. They are not about to be tortured. They are in a safe place and have been all the time they were travelling across Europe. They are simply economic migrants with no skills, no money and cultural practices and beliefs that produce the sort of social madness they have left behind. With them comes both financial and social pressure and most people don't want any more thanks.

That isn't true. http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/aug/02/women-children-arriving-calais-migrant-camps-greater-protection

---------- Post added 04-08-2015 at 09:55 ----------

He paints an emotive picture of people pushing their kids over fences as they flee genocide but it is a false impression.

The reality is they are nearly all young men trying to come to England for financial reasons. There are no killers chasing them. Nobody is threatening their kids. They are not about to be tortured. They are in a safe place and have been all the time they were travelling across Europe. They are simply economic migrants with no skills, no money and cultural practices and beliefs that produce the sort of social madness they have left behind. With them comes both financial and social pressure and most people don't want any more thanks.

Of course he does. People's suffering is an emotive thing. For most people.

Edited by Halibut

I think we should all read what Frankie Boyle has to say about it, don't you?

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/commentisfree/2015/aug/03/cameron-swarm-plague-god-migrants-calais?CMP=fb_gu

isn't he the foul mouthed "comedian" who wished the queen had died. I don't think his opinion has any more weight than any of the other 60 million people in this country.

I said nearly all are young men, which is clearly true.

Of course he does. People's suffering is an emotive thing. For most people.

Suffering what? Certainly not the genocide, fear of death and torture that Boyle pretends. They are nothing more than economic migrants who see greener grass this side of the channel.

The UK has no responsibility to these people,the map tells us so.......geographically,we have a great case,other countries have the responsibility,right down to the first place they arrived at.Cameron should solve this by telling these other countries that they are geographically responsible for ending the crisis,while we can disclaim being involved with any of it due to being 'far away'..........and if that doesn't solve it,Cameron should get over to Calais with a big map and jolly well show these imposters that they should be in a country that has responsibility because it is nearer to Africa and anywhere else that they came from......that should make em go away,and our conscience is clear.

I

Suffering what? Certainly not the genocide, fear of death and torture that Boyle pretends. They are nothing more than economic migrants who see greener grass this side of the channel.

And you know this how?

---------- Post added 04-08-2015 at 10:16 ----------

The UK has no responsibility to these people,the map tells us so.......geographically,we have a great case,other countries have the responsibility,right down to the first place they arrived at.Cameron should solve this by telling these other countries that they are geographically responsible for ending the crisis,while we can disclaim being involved with any of it due to being 'far away'..........and if that doesn't solve it,Cameron should get over to Calais with a big map and jolly well show these imposters that they should be in a country that has responsibility because it is nearer to Africa and anywhere else that they came from......that should make em go away,and our conscience is clear.

We are party to agreements to take our share of refugee's, and as it stands we take far less than Germany, France or Sweden...

I can't quite tell if you're being sarcastic, although it seems that way by the end of your post...

We need autonomy from the EU so we can throw them in crappy detention centres and deport them straight away without appeals.

1) Where exactly would you like to see them deported to? It's a well known fact that the majority do not have passports, either because they have been stolen or destroyed.

2) If, by a miracle, you can identify their country of origin how would you fund the massive exercise needed to capture, contain and transport those captured?

3) How do you force the countries to where you've transported them to take them back?

4) What has it to do with the EU?

And you know this how?

How do I know what?

I know they aren't facing genocide, death or torture in Calais... at least no more than anyone else in France and I don't think France has any more of a problem with those things that we do in the UK.

I'm also pretty sure that they think the grass is greener, which would explain why they don't want to claim asylum until they get here. I suppose there are other draws, such as the weather, but it isn't a point worth arguing about because it is irrelevant... they bring with them financial and social pressures that most people don't want.

There's an interesting article in The Huffington Post which answers a lot of people's questions:

Q.1: Why do they all want to come to the UK?
Q.2: So why are the numbers higher than ever?
Q.3: How many actually apply for asylum in the UK?
Q.4: Why aren't the migrants just sent back to where they came from if they're not genuine asylum-seekers?
Q.5: But they can't all be from Syria, can they?
Q.6: Why don't Syria's neighbours look after Syrian refugees?
Q.7: If some of the migrants who enter the EU are genuine refugees, why don't they apply for asylum in the first country they get to?
Q.8: So who are the ones in Calais?
Q.9: Isn' t the real reason that they know they'll get benefits as soon as they make it across the Channel?
Q.10: So why are the media making such a huge fuss about the migrants in Calais?

1) Where exactly would you like to see them deported to? It's a well known fact that the majority do not have passports, either because they have been stolen or destroyed.

2) If, by a miracle, you can identify their country of origin how would you fund the massive exercise needed to capture, contain and transport those captured?

3) How do you force the countries to where you've transported them to take them back?

4) What has it to do with the EU?

I've already explained what it has to do with the EU.

You deport when you can and you detain when you can't. Yes, there is a cost associated with this but think of it as investing to save. You invest in changing our reputation from that of welcoming and generous to unwelcoming and ungenerous. Change our reputation, stop the migration flow and avoid all the financial and social pressure that would otherwise come with it.

Out of interest, what countries have been refusing to take back their migrants?

I've already explained what it has to do with the EU.

You deport when you can and you detain when you can't. Yes, there is a cost associated with this but think of it as investing to save. You invest in changing our reputation from that of welcoming and generous to unwelcoming and ungenerous. Change our reputation, stop the migration flow and avoid all the financial and social pressure that would otherwise come with it.

Out of interest, what countries have been refusing to take back their migrants?

So where we can't identify their home country what do we do then?