Channel tunnel problems! caused by the illegal migrants.

There's an interesting article in The Huffington Post which answers a lot of people's questions:

Q.1: Why do they all want to come to the UK?
Q.2: So why are the numbers higher than ever?
Q.3: How many actually apply for asylum in the UK?
Q.4: Why aren't the migrants just sent back to where they came from if they're not genuine asylum-seekers?
Q.5: But they can't all be from Syria, can they?
Q.6: Why don't Syria's neighbours look after Syrian refugees?
Q.7: If some of the migrants who enter the EU are genuine refugees, why don't they apply for asylum in the first country they get to?
Q.8: So who are the ones in Calais?
Q.9: Isn' t the real reason that they know they'll get benefits as soon as they make it across the Channel?
Q.10: So why are the media making such a huge fuss about the migrants in Calais?

None of which changes the fact that allowing them will create financial and social pressures and we are better off without them.

How do I know what?

I know they aren't facing genocide, death or torture in Calais...

Is that a tacit admission that you know that many of these people are fleeing appalling circumstances in their country of origin?

---------- Post added 04-08-2015 at 10:48 ----------

None of which changes the fact that allowing them will create financial and social pressures and we are better off without them.

You don't know that and there's plenty of evidence that contradicts it.

Is that a tacit admission that you know that many of these people are fleeing appalling circumstances in their country of origin?

At some point Halibut you must accept the truth that these people are not being tortured and having their human rights abused in France. But you won't. You just change the subject to something else.

So where we can't identify their home country what do we do then?

I just said... detain them.

If they want to choose detention instead of revealing, and returning to, their country of origin then there isn't much you can do about it. Letting them go just encourages the practice of tearing up their passports because it works. When it stops working, they'll stop doing it.

I just said... detain them.

If they want to choose detention instead of revealing, and returning to, their country of origin then there isn't much you can do about it. Letting them go just encourages the practice of tearing up their passports because it works. When it stops working, they'll stop doing it.

So you'd take their word, and deport them back to any country that they claimed that they came from?

I don't really think that that idea would work, for example what would you do if the the country said that they had no record of them being from that country?

1 in 10 are genuine according to Sky News yesterday.

Foster service in crisis as migrants dump kids: Centres set up for children as authorities in Home Counties are inundated

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3180972/Army-join-forces-police-ease-Channel-Tunnel-crisis-Kent-social-services-struggle-enormous-strain.html

Calais migrant crisis: Kent Police send for reinforcements

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/11774524/Calais-migrant-crisis-Kent-Police-send-for-reinforcements.html

Some have fled appalling circumstances in their country of origin but they are no longer in their country of origin or facing those circumstances. We do not need to offer people in France asylum.

I know our NHS is under pressure. I know there is a housing shortage and there is not enough social housing to go round. I know there are not enough school places either. I know all those things cost money and the migrants in Calais don't have any. I know that migrants with skills we need can get into this country legally, which means those in Calais don't have skills we need. I know unskilled people earn little money and that low earners in this country receive financial support. I know that people with poor education and language and cultural barriers are not going to generate wealth but sap it.

Please explain what evidence you think there is that having more poor people will be a benefit?

So you'd take their word, and deport them back to any country that they claimed that they came from?

I don't really think that that idea would work, for example what would you do if the the country said that they had no record of them being from that country?

if they have emerged from the channel tunnel isn't it a pretty safe bet that they came from france.

Why not? If the country takes them then what's the problem?

I've answered that question two or three times now. I'd detain them.

They currently destroy passports and documents to avoid deportation and to force us into letting them stay. Stop the tactic from working by detaining them and they will stop doing it. Crappy for an unlucky few but the only way to stop it.