Channel tunnel problems! caused by the illegal migrants.

This is the mirror, but it's worth reading.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/not-migrant-hordes--people-6165167#ICID=sharebar_facebook

---------- Post added 04-08-2015 at 13:46 ----------

We have no moral obligation to offer people asylum from France.

You know full well that they are not FROM France. You continue to be disingeuous about them to make your denial of the right to even try to claim asylum seem more reasonable and less evil than it really is.

I think she did need asylum and should have asked for it when she got to Italy. Since then she has been on a journey driven by economics not fear.

Or perhaps she speaks English and not Italian... :roll:

---------- Post added 04-08-2015 at 13:48 ----------

Didn't it say on the news yesterday that each asylum seeker that arrives in England get £90 plus another £35 on the top plus help with rent per week. This cash is probably what most of them earn in a year but they don't come here for benefits do they?? The ones that are plucked from the sea from the and taken to Italy should be rested and put back in a boat and taken back to the African coast and left there. It's amazing that they are destitute but they have the where withall to pay thousands to traffickers but then again they will get that back in no time from this easy touch country of ours. I do not feel sorry for any of them.

Why don't we just drown them ourselves in the Med?

They've risked there lives, a very real risk, to escape persecution, death, rape, torture. But you'd just take them back and drop them off where they came from, whilst simultaneously claiming that they're only doing it for the pittance of benefits they would be given whilst they were in the process of claiming asylum.

Yep, about sums it up.

Each country experiences pro's and con's by virtue of its' geographical location. One of the pro's we have is that we are an island nation and can control the coming and going of people more effectively than other nations. It is a gift of nature that we should not refuse to exploit just because others don't have it.

Your heart is bleeding for those migrants in France but what about those left in war torn countries? Why isn't your heart bleeding for those who are really suffering and really facing death? Why aren't you arguing for rescue missions to fly them out of there and provide the refuge they need? I'm interested, when does it become too many, or cost too much, even for the morally superior like yourself? Where is your line for stopping the assistance and letting people die?

Climb down off that high horse Cyclone.

How about you try to develop some basic humanity and empathy?

My heart isn't bleeding for anyone. I'm recognising the real situation that those people have fled and are in, rather than being selfish and pretending that they are somehow in the wrong.

---------- Post added 04-08-2015 at 13:52 ----------

so if they are not from france or escaping persecution in france there is no need for them to be fleeing here other than for economic reasons.

Apart from the possibility that they speak English and not French, that they might already have links to the UK, perhaps even friends or family who already live here...

This is the mirror, but it's worth reading.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/not-migrant-hordes--people-6165167#ICID=sharebar_facebook

You know full well that they are not FROM France. You continue to be disingeuous about them to make your denial of the right to even try to claim asylum seem more reasonable and less evil than it really is.

Or perhaps she speaks English and not Italian... :roll:

---------- Post added 04-08-2015 at 13:48 ----------

Why don't we just drown them ourselves in the Med?

They've risked there lives, a very real risk, to escape persecution, death, rape, torture. But you'd just take them back and drop them off where they came from, whilst simultaneously claiming that they're only doing it for the pittance of benefits they would be given whilst they were in the process of claiming asylum.

Of course they are from France if that's where they are arriving from, France is a safe place where they can apply for asylum if they meet the criteria, and according to the BBC this morning the benefits are higher in France.

Though I do have sympathy for those people and as I was reading the article you posted Cyclone, I did find it hard to swallow 'The Mirrors' view that it is our fault!

That paper does not represent me and I would bet it doesn't represent the majority of British people.

Poorly written IMO :(

Apart from the possibility that they speak English and not French, that they might already have links to the UK, perhaps even friends or family who already live here...

just run by us all the movements of someone escaping persecution in south sudan to the point where they emerge from the channel tunnel. just a list of the countries and the type of persecution they would be subjected to in each. i'm sure that if folk have friends and family in the uk those friends could use their passports to go visit them in france.

Edited by drummonds

Just read some of the links that have already been posted or do you own research.

---------- Post added 04-08-2015 at 14:10 ----------

Of course they are from France if that's where they are arriving from, France is a safe place where they can apply for asylum if they meet the criteria, and according to the BBC this morning the benefits are higher in France.

So when you come home from France, it would be accurate to describe you as "being from France"... No. It would be accurate to describe you as having travelled from France. Entirely different concepts.

And according to the figures the vast majority of refugee's never even make it to Europe, there are 2 million in the countries directly bordering the conflict zones. I think it was less than 200k coming to Europe. There are 3000 in Calais. Do that maths yourself.

Edited by Cyclone

So you'd push the whole problem onto France, Italy, Germany and Sweden.

Pretend that we have no obligation to the people fleeing wars that we helped to create.

How many wars have we "helped to create" in Africa, excluding Syria and Libya?

Have a look at the migrant map on this BBC page:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-24583286