Channel tunnel problems! caused by the illegal migrants.

that is because they are flat lands wheras we have huge swathes of uninhabitable land like kinderscout.

KinderScout is not uninhabitable, some portion of it is that's granted but there's plenty of room for expansion in Edale, Hope, Bamford, dore and totley.

Not that we'd need t do that anyway, there's over 600,000 empty homes in the uk.

I seriously can't believe the lack of empathy which is bordering on xenophobic racism being displayed under the guise of 'turn em back cos no-ones got a gun to their head anymore.'

The UK is not a small place, It's quite an empty country. It's not incapable of absorbing many more hundreds of thousands of migrants.

and in a few years time when the baby boomers all start needing full time health care you, and your parents are going to depend on migrant labour more and more.

bordering on xenophobic racism

Lefty Bingo cards at the ready.....

---------- Post added 04-08-2015 at 21:43 ----------

and in a few years time when the baby boomers all start needing full time health care you, and your parents are going to depend on migrant labour more and more.

Or we could always train up our own doctors and nurses? Radical idea, I know.

---------- Post added 04-08-2015 at 21:48 ----------

The UK is not a small place, It's quite an empty country. It's not incapable of absorbing many more hundreds of thousands of migrants.

England is already one of the most densely populated countries in the world. But hey, let's concrete over our beautiful green belt and open the floodgates. I suppose one day the problem would start correcting itself when nobody wants to live in an overpopulated, concrete hell hole.

Lefty Bingo cards at the ready.....

---------- Post added 04-08-2015 at 21:43 ----------

Or we could always train up our own doctors and nurses? Radical idea, I know.

no its costs too much money to train people its cheaper to import them, how else are we going to compete with Mexico or china unless we drive down the standard of living and remove the social infrastructure.

England is already one of the most densely populated countries in the world. But hey, let's concrete over our beautiful green belt and open the floodgates. I

not quite

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_population_density

What about using some of the half a million empty houses before greenbelt?

Where do you think you came from? Your ancestry is not from this tiny island...

not quite

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_population_density

What about using some of the half a million empty houses before greenbelt?

Where do you think you came from? Your ancestry is not from this tiny island...

so exactly what makes up these empty houses? holiday homes? homes bought by foreign buyers as an investment? homes that are uninhabitable?

do you propose the government seizes them for use by migrants?

I specifically stated England and not the UK, but even then the UK is up there as one of the most densely populated major countries (your list includes a lot of tiny islands with small populations and "countries" like Vatican City).

---------- Post added 04-08-2015 at 22:09 ----------

Are you serious?

This is basic human history, common knowledge the world over...

But at what point is it still relevant? I may be able to trace myself back to ancestry in this country for centuries or millennia. I could go further back to find Neanderthal ancestry from Africa or Asia, or further back as an evolving tadpole in a sea. Or further back still as some particles on a meteorite that pre-existed this planet, who knows? In the here and now, I'm British, born in this country, and belong here.

Edited by WiseOwl182