Channel tunnel problems! caused by the illegal migrants.

Er...not quite that simple. If I'm not misunderstanding posts above then in Holland if several hundred people camped at the port in Rotterdam they'd be rounded up and taken to a centre for processing.

I have been through Rotterdam twice in the last month and did not see any camps plus there is only a few ferries a day ( one to Hull ) whereas in Calais the camps have been there for around a decade now and you see a lot of migrants wandering around the roads to the port and there are several sailings a hour plus the tunnel so the opportunities to board a vehicle are far greater at Calais than the other ports. I do a few European coach trips each year so I am able to take notice of things which are happening as we approach the ports but with the hold ups at Dover we have used companies which go through Hull lately.

Well right now the French are blockading some border crossing between France and Germany. we should do the same.

---------- Post added 27-07-2015 at 18:02 ----------

That some elements on here would have us believe that all asylum seekers in Europe are headed for the UK.

The biggest flaw in you point and most peoples is the term Asylum seekers along with refugees.

The international rules are that you go to the nearest safe country/state not the best soft touch.

The biggest flaw in you point and most peoples is the term Asylum seekers along with refugees.

The international rules are that you go to the nearest safe country/state not the best soft touch.

So the best soft touches are Germany, France and Sweden then.

Sorted.

So the best soft touches are Germany, France and Sweden then.

Sorted.

This is what I don't get. If the immigrants are illegal in the UK then they are illegal in France too. Why aren't"t they rounded up and processed.

This is what I don't get. If the immigrants are illegal in the UK then they are illegal in France too. Why aren't"t they rounded up and processed.

It most likely to be something to do with the rest of the E U having open borders and which the U K does not have , you do not have to go through passport control or immigration in most of the E U but you DO when entering the U K

It most likely to be something to do with the rest of the E U having open borders and which the U K does not have , you do not have to go through passport control or immigration in most of the E U but you DO when entering the U K

They are not legally in the EU though. The fact they could in theory move around the Schengen area unchallenged does not make them legal in France