Sheffield forum members poor?

Look on autotrader. Search for 5k cars. Job done.

---------- Post added 27-07-2015 at 11:47 ----------

Renaults are cheaply made and unreliable. Everyone with any sense knows that. Thats why you always see loads of them second hand at low prices.

:thumbsup:

A car is to get you from A to B reliably and economically. It is not a fashion statement. Renaults are **** anyway. Ours never lets us down. Yours on the other hand fell apart. So whose is best?

That's your opinion. You could say the same about pretty much anything, clothes, housing, hair cut, food.

Some people actually care about more than just getting from A to B.

To the average person or family A car is made to be reliable, cost effective and get from A to B without breaking down. Looks / styling is a bonus or secondary imo.

---------- Post added 27-07-2015 at 11:58 ----------

Jeremy clarkson will tell you otherwise. But hes a rich idiot.

Do people actually care who is rich or poor? As if that somehow indicates the quality of a person?

I heard somerhing in the news recently, there was a report, saying it's more important (for getting a well paid job) to be middle class, than it is to be intelligent and have ability. I think they said if you were well-connected middle class, but not so bright, you were 30% more likely to get a better paid job, than someone lower class who was more intelligent and capable than you.

When I start employing people, I'll be sure to discriminate against the middle class, in order to balance things out a bit (and get more capable intelligent employees).

Some people do. The car, house, school you go to means everything to them.

---------- Post added 27-07-2015 at 12:01 ----------

Lots of people will tell you otherwise. Just accept that we all have different priorities and desires in life.

Would anyone prioritise looks over reliablity?

A car is to get you from A to B reliably and economically. It is not a fashion statement. Renaults are **** anyway. Ours never lets us down. Yours on the other hand fell apart. So whose is best?

I couldnt agree more. The worst investment is always an prestige car that costs a lot to keep on the road.

---------- Post added 27-07-2015 at 12:05 ----------

Woo hoo - it's just gone straight through it's 6th test

Stress free motoring. Nothing better.

I agree...

... It's also comforting to know that you can get back from B to A... :nod:

It's also comforting to know that whilst some people are arguing over the price of automobiles, one person can get from A to B via C,D,E and F (and back again) whilst performing aerial stunts in the Alcocopter™. ;)

I am so happy with that car, it's 15 years old. Wonder if OP has ever had a good car?

---------- Post added 27-07-2015 at 12:10 ----------

It's also comforting to know that whilst some people are arguing over the price of automobiles, one person can get from A to B via C,D,E and F (and back again) whilst performing aerial stunts in the Alcocopter™. ;)

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi: