Daish VS Kurds..

Neither did Turkey, sitting tanks and all sorts of other olive green-coloured hardware a stone's throw away from Kobane and just sat looking at IS turning the place into a moonscape.

Until some realpolitik deal or other suddenly unlocked Erdogan's hands, first to lob some token ordnance on a few IS technicals, next to lob a firestorm of ordnance on the Kurds. Disgusting does not begin to cover it.

Personally, I'll be voting with my feet and my wallet: we're not going on holiday to Turkey and supporting that shower for a long time.

And Northern Cyprus?

What about it?

Only ever been on holiday to Cyprus once...and that was once too many :P;)

Apparently the Turks have invaded the North of that Country without any objections from Europe or the U.S.

While Russian invasion into the Ukraine has been treated rather differently .

Apparently the Turks have invaded the North of that Country without any objections from Europe or the U.S.

While Russian invasion into the Ukraine has been treated rather differently .

You mean, aside from the long-established fact that the EU does not recognise the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus?

I don't know what you call an 'objection', but in diplomatic terms, they don't come much stronger than that.

You mean, aside from the long-established fact that the EU does not recognise the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus?

I don't know what you call an 'objection', but in diplomatic terms, they don't come much stronger than that.

Not recognising is different to not objecting to a fellow member of Nato occupying a member of the E.U.s 'land.

Not recognising is different to not objecting to a fellow member of Nato occupying a member of the E.U.s 'land.
Not recognising means exactly that, objecting.

It means no diplomatic relations, it means no agreements about trade or anything else, it means no structural and non-structural investments, it means no people/goods/capital transfers...it means, basically, everything that you'd expect to take place between two co-existing states for conducting normal day-to-day inter-state business, not taking place.

The EU doesn't treat northern Cyprus any differently to Russia (in fact, from a sum total point of view, it probably treats northern Cyprus worse than Russia even now still, under the continuing pressure and influence Greek Cypriots).

What more would you expect the EU to do?

Send a strongly-worded letter to the UN or NATO? That'll get Turkey moving :rolleyes: