Is being functional the only thing you care about in a car?

Do you care about more than the pure functionality of a car?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care about more than the pure functionality of a car?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

Simple poll.

Do you care ONLY about functionality in a car, or do you care about other things as well.

I've included an "other" answer in case you can't say Yes/No (although you'll need to explain).

As a few examples, caring about looks, performance, style, these are all things that aren't functional. Most other stuff, like number of seats, reliability, boot size, these are functional things.

Yep. Mine just has to get me from A to B. I often think I should get something newer (its a 2003 Peugeot 307), but its reliable, and sails through the MOT every year, so there doesn't seem any point. Its got a few trolley dings, but I can't see them while I'm driving.

Simple poll.

Do you care ONLY about functionality in a car, or do you care about other things as well.

I've included an "other" answer in case you can't say Yes/No (although you'll need to explain).

As a few examples, caring about looks, performance, style, these are all things that aren't functional. Most other stuff, like number of seats, reliability, boot size, these are functional things.

I don't understand how performance is not regarded as functional. :huh:

Surely it's a measurable attribute, and has the purpose of getting you somewhere quicker, so therefore must be functional.

And style is about how something looks anyway, so basically what you're asking is do you care about how your car looks...

Yep. Mine just has to get me from A to B. I often think I should get something newer (its a 2003 Peugeot 307), but its reliable, and sails through the MOT every year, so there doesn't seem any point. Its got a few trolley dings, but I can't see them while I'm driving.
Did you mean to say 'no', then? :huh:

Simple poll.

I voted no. But functional is the number 1 priority.