One meal or food to eat for the rest of your life?

If you had to choose one meal or food to eat everyday for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?

Roast dinner for me, lamb

---------- Post added 27-07-2015 at 14:06 ----------

Not fave meal but has a range of ingredients to stave off the boredom

Fillet beef, Lorraine potatoes (chips cooked in beef dripping with lardons (bacon bits) under a lid), green beans (sauté'd in garlic), salad (mixed leaves with vinaigrette consisting of balsamic vinegar (1 part), grape seed oil (2 parts), crushed garlic, salt and pepper to taste). Or a pink peppercorn risotto as the healthier(-ish) alternative to potatoes.

Glass or two of red (or rosé in summer) to rinse it down.

A meal that never fails to restore my optimism in life and all its complications.

Fillet beef, Lorraine potatoes (chips cooked in beef dripping with lardons (bacon bits) under a lid), green beans (sauté'd in garlic), salad (mixed leaves with vinaigrette consisting of balsamic vinegar (1 part), grape seed oil (2 parts), crushed garlic, salt and pepper to taste). Or a pink peppercorn risotto as the healthier(-ish) alternative to potatoes.

A meal that never fails to restore my optimism in life and all its complications.

Sounds like a heart attack on a plate but delicious!

While looking in my fridge at the limp carrot and a half opened tin of Chum my optimism just waned. :hihi::(

Sounds like a heart attack on a plate but delicious!
It's all stuff that's good for you in moderation (a beef fillet serving is usually small, I didn't say half-a-cow ;)) and all of which can (and should) be cooked from fresh, no E numbers or other food/plant processing (like tinned stuff and Marmite ;)).

Beef dripping is natural, and you only need a little at the bottom of the wok (best pan for cooking Lorraine potatoes), the lardons provide the balance of the fat and the lid keeps the moisture in to stop the potatoes from burning.

(you said 'one meal' and, personally, I only eat a full meal once a day: no breakfast, small sandwich + fruit at lunch, no snacks/chocs/sweets other than maybe (rarely) at the weekend).

While looking in my fridge at the limp carrot and a half opened tin of Chum my optimism just waned. :hihi::(
You're doing it wrong. Think "What would Jamie or Heston do with a limp carrot and a half opened tin of Chum?" and off you go :thumbsup::D Edited by L00b

It's all stuff that's good for you in moderation (a beef fillet serving is usually small, I didn't say half-a-cow ;)) and all of which can (and should) be cooked from fresh, no E numbers or other food/plant processing (like tinned stuff and Marmite ;)).

Beef dripping is natural, and you only need a little at the bottom of the wok (best pan for cooking Lorraine potatoes), the lardons provide the balance of the fat and the lid keeps the moisture in to stop the potatoes from burning.

(you said 'one meal' and, personally, I only eat a full meal once a day: no breakfast, small sandwich + fruit at lunch, no snacks/chocs/sweets other than maybe (rarely) at the weekend).

You're doing it wrong. Think "What would Jamie or Heston do with a limp carrot and a half opened tin of Chum?" and off you go :thumbsup::D

Beef dripping is the fat rendered off the beast, you do know that's bad for you?