One meal or food to eat for the rest of your life?

While I was in Ecuador I regularly ate majado, a dish made up from ground plantain, cheese, leeks and small amount of pork dripping with either fried or poached egg on top.

I like my food, but was considering you said I'd have to eat this the rest of my life and there will be days I don't feel great and I'm not sure I could bring myself to eat rich food or strong flavoured foods. Majado I could eat any time, rough days, good days, cold days, hot days, just one of those things I never good bored of or can't face eating.

---------- Post added 27-07-2015 at 15:48 ----------

Prawn puree from the Gulistan in Walkely too, but never been on it for more than three days and shellfish would be a big no-no to rely on daily :)

Beef dripping is the fat rendered off the beast, you do know that's bad for you?
Sure. It's bad just like a glass of red wine a day will kill you this week, but next week it will make you live to 100, same with coffee, same with <insert just about anything else edible or drinkable, in excess or moderation according to vacuous research of the week>, rinse-repeat

My grandma lived to 92 and, like the true Breiz Breton that she was, she cooked everything in butter (salted) and dripping, lunch and evening. And not a little of it, either. About as tall as three apples kneeling down, and the BMI of a very young teenager when she passed. She was very petite, had been all her life.

I'm 42 and have eaten Lorraine potatoes cooked in dripping (and similarly rich food, but always cooked from fresh ingredients) for 40 years. My BMI is 25.1.

As I said, moderation. Combined with exercise and similar healthy pursuits, of course :) Then again, we are talking about the UK, Brits and the ongoing epidemy of obesity, so this may explain that ;)

In passing: a good choice, Mister M.

Edited by L00b

Sure. It's bad just like a glass of red wine a day will kill you this week, but next week it will make you live to 100, same with coffee, same with <insert just about anything else edible or drinkable, in excess or moderation according to vacuous research of the week>, rinse-repeat

My grandma lived to 92 and, like the true Breiz Breton that she was, she cooked everything in butter (salted) and dripping, lunch and evening. And not a little of it, either. About as tall as three apples kneeling down, and the BMI of a very young teenager when she passed. She was very petite, had been all her life.

I'm 42 and have eaten Lorraine potatoes cooked in dripping (and similarly rich food, but always cooked from fresh ingredients) for 40 years. My BMI is 25.1.

As I said, moderation. Combined with exercise and similar healthy pursuits, of course :) Then again, we are talking about the UK, Brits and the ongoing epidemy of obesity, so this may explain that ;)

In passing: a good choice, Mister M.

Why are the French generally so thin? It goes against conventional wisdom.

It amazes me with all the cream, fats and patisserie they eat. Maybe they are on to something.

Why are the French generally so thin? It goes against conventional wisdom.

It amazes me with all the cream, fats and patisserie they eat. Maybe they are on to something.

I've tried to explain it to you...but it's still not sinking in, is it? ;):D

More fresh produce, less pre-packed crap. Meals in reasonable individual portions at regular times, less eating 'ad hoc' and snacking in-between. Oh, and less booze will help immeasurably.

...Tapeworms? :huh:
In the country with all-time world records for self-medication and hypocondriacs-per-1000-heads-of-population (and an annual NHS budgetary hole in double-billions figures to match), highly doubtful :hihi: Edited by L00b

I've tried to explain it to you...but it's still not sinking in, is it? ;):D

More fresh produce, less pre-packed crap. Meals in reasonable individual portions at regular times, less eating 'ad hoc' and snacking in-between. Oh, and less booze will help immeasurably.

In the country with all-time world records for self-medication and hypocondriacs-per-1000-heads-of-population (and an annual NHS budgetary hole in double-billions figures to match), highly doubtful :hihi:

The figures would appear to back up your claim.http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/cause-of-death/coronary-heart-disease/by-country/

France is the country with the second lowest rate of coronary heart disease in the world.

---------- Post added 27-07-2015 at 15:52 ----------

Although you are 4 times more likely to die of alcohol related disease

---------- Post added 27-07-2015 at 15:55 ----------

And twice as likely to commit suicide

This is a really tough question, without diversity I would get bored with anything.I think I will go for a very posh shoarma dish that I had recently in the Netherlands, it comes with shoarma (a form of mutton kebab) a great salad with beans and red onion as well as a green salad with the pita, fried potato pieces and a selection of side sauces.