Assembly of God Church, Copper Street

On Copper Street their is a derelict church but looks more like a warehouse, what was it a normal church or a Americanised church. I sure I read somewhere that it was mostly a Afro congregation that went to this church or did you even attend the church when it was open?

Is this it?...

http://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;c02607&pos=2&action=zoom

I work near there and often wonder about the history of all the empty buildings.

Yes this is the church, Iv seen a 28 Days Later report dated 2013 , the report says the church was St Jude's later sold in 1980 and then became the Assembly of God closing its doors in 1999. Congregation wise perhaps I'm mixing up with the still open church across the road I think its called Lighter Life Christian Church, the strange thing is opposite that is a chapel that's now been restored after years of dereliction and a fire. No idea of that chapel's name but was later used as a works. Yes your right their is quite a few derelict buildings in that area shame because many have historic links to the cities industrial past.

---------- Post added 30-07-2015 at 21:29 ----------

It was a Pentecostal church; in the 1970s their evangelists used to go door-to-door trying to get people to join the congregation.

Thanks for the link , did the Pentecostal church leave Sheffield after the closer of their church in 1999 or simply moved to some else in the city IV never heard of before until now?

...Thanks for the link , did the Pentecostal church leave Sheffield after the closer of their church in 1999 or simply moved to some else in the city IV never heard of before until now?
There is still the Central Elim Pentecostal Church on Lee Croft (just off Campo Lane) and apparently other Elim churches locally. The Elim Pentecostal Church is a UK-based division of the worldwide Pentecostal movement.

• 2 years later...