Supertram Bus link

I used to live at Stocksbridge, and to be honest, I didn't find it that bad. It was rare that I was waiting for the bus or tram, and it if I was it wasn't for very long.

I agree I rarely find there to be a problem, and when there is it's due to temp lights/roadworks or general queues of traffic on Middlewood Road at rush hour, which there isn't much they can do about.

I think the road resurfacing project is going to be operating in the Stocksbridge area for a while, so probably more delays and temp lights to come.

Ongoing work at the new retail area probably hasn't helped either???

They need to resurface Manchester Road as it goes through Wharncliffe Side, it is terrible, mind you they'll probably do it now I've moved :hihi:

Must be terrible on a road bike.

It'll be done as part of the streets ahead scheme I hope, main roads are being left till last though aren't they??

Unless that stretch of road is owned by the highways agency??

Due to start this year according to the online map, they've already done most of the streetlamps, which I think are done first, then the resurfacing.

The connection seems to have good and bad spells. To be honest, it was a lot more annoying when the trams were off. You could miss a connection three times in one direction, at Middlewood, Shalesmoor and Caatle Square. Since then I. Have almost given up on the tramlink.

Last time I caught it, the old white bus they used could hardly make it up Carr Road.

Time for another quick mention of the £1 Sunday travel offer. All day pass for the trams, SL bus and p&r car parks just a quid, every Sunday in August.

Also some 'tramendous' deals on food and drink with the ticket.

See http://www.supertram.com.

Normal tram service now on yellow route. Buses replace trams city to birley/herdings on blue/purple route. Full network resumes normal service 29 August.

Waiting for tramlink this morning at middlewood

Bus pulls in at 9.20 due out at 9.22

Driver got out of cab after letting me and another passenger on

He then got on his mobile phone to arrange appointments in his social life

Actually set off at 9.25

This may sound petty a matter of a few minutes but it has a knock on effect on his times so making him run late

This isnt a one off it happens too often ...maybe just chatting to other drivers or nipping to shop

Then they blame it on traffic

Make excuses up for them all you

want some of them are blantent liars

Edited by annb3811

Could I ask please if I can get a tram today from High St to Hillsbrough? I've looked at journey planner to try and see if the tram is running, but I just can't make head nor tail of it.

Please understand I have episodes that involve confusion and memory impairment due to medication so your patience is hoped for.

ps I am seeing a neurology consultant tomorrow.

Thank you