A "Crisp Sandwich Shop" in Sheffield city centre -

Perhaps the reason is that you want to be something that you are not, being from Yorkshire isn't the image that you want to portray? - who knows, I'm no shrink.

Anyway, a good crisp sandwich has always been a firm favourite of Sheffielders - give one a try green man, I guarantee you will enjoy! :)

I've been doing crisp sandwiches for years. In fact when I saw the Hendo's flavoured crisps in the shops for the first time I felt like I should have royalties from the sales as I have been doing that for years. A crisp sarnie with plain crisp and plenty of hendo's relish on top :hihi: That or a cheese and onion crisp sandwich. But it's a novel snack at the end of the day mate, not a meal as far as I am concerned.

Someone has just opened one in Keighley - great, I genuinely wish them the best of luck in their venture and admire them for their bravery. The crisp sandwich is a big part of Sheffield culture. Would you use a similar outlet if opened here, would it be a success?

How is a crisp sandwich part of Sheffield culture, I'm from sunny devon and I used to eat crisp sandwiches when I was little. I'm happy to concede that Sheffield's love for salty lard sandwiches is unique though.

Used to call it a pauper butty, a bag of crisps and a plain breadcake was what you bought for your dinner from the snap van when you were towards the skint end of a 5-weeker month

Mind you, "street food" used to be cheap food served from a cart / van / stall, now "street food" is prepared inside poncy venues and costs a bomb

Same reason there's a shop in London that sells imported American breakfast cereal at a premium, hipsters will buy anything if it's "different" enough.

I've never seen a hipster in Sheffield.

I've seen some really crap ones that are even more pretentious then the ones who are serious at it.

This shop is riding high(ish) on the novelty value but I doubt it will last, although I hope I'm proved wrong.

---------- Post added 30-07-2015 at 23:02 ----------

Are there really people out there who need to pay someone to make them a crisp sandwich? Perhaps they could also employ someone to wipe their arses for them.

How much would that cost ?

Apologies for this but I'm apparently ancient on here (60+) this was the late night snack of my youth when you came back from the clubs at 2.30 (yes they closed at 2am then) and needed to have something which didn't need cooking so as to alert parents to time you'd got in. Still enjoy a crisp sandwich but like Seabrooks cheese & onion (£1 for 6 at B & M) on thick sliced bread ( Morrisons 59p) rather than inflated sandwich shop prices=x

---------- Post added 30-07-2015 at 23:46 ----------

Sir- do you refer to the revered dripping (please no not denigrate this delicacy by uttering the lard word) Bread and dripping topped with brown scrapings from the bottom of Sunday dinner roasting tin for Sunday supper wonderful! We didn't have Sunday tea as too full of t' roast beef and t' Yorkshire pudding

Apologies for this but I'm apparently ancient on here (60+) this was the late night snack of my youth when you came back from the clubs at 2.30 (yes they closed at 2am then) and needed to have something which didn't need cooking so as to alert parents to time you'd got in. Still enjoy a crisp sandwich but like Seabrooks cheese & onion (£1 for 6 at B & M) on thick sliced bread ( Morrisons 59p) rather than inflated sandwich shop prices=x

---------- Post added 30-07-2015 at 23:46 ----------

Sir- do you refer to the revered dripping (please no not denigrate this delicacy by uttering the lard word) Bread and dripping topped with brown scrapings from the bottom of Sunday dinner roasting tin for Sunday supper wonderful! We didn't have Sunday tea as too full of t' roast beef and t' Yorkshire pudding

YES AGREE TOTTALY,,we was brought up on them ,,still have now,,,:love:

Are there really people out there who need to pay someone to make them a crisp sandwich? ...

But why scuttle off to the Co-Op for a six pack of breadcakes and a family bag of ready salted when you can spend a tenner on an organic, gluten-free panini stuffed with hand-picked flash-fried kale rondels served on a bit of driftwood?