A "Crisp Sandwich Shop" in Sheffield city centre -

Presley is going to get really upset when I tell him that I'll be paying for some toast in about 30 minutes.

ARRRRRRRGH:gag:

---------- Post added 03-08-2015 at 08:17 ----------

Just joking! The thing that bugs me is when you buy out at these Sandwich shops ect in this country they are charging too much for what you get, example in the states my god talk about value for money dustbin lid size Pizzas when ordering a steak you get half a cow, but the prices are right, there is one place in sheffield some years ago which had ques spilling out on to pavement from opening till shutting, It was called the Attic in the alley way next to the Dove and Rainbow, if you asked for a ham salad on french it was that big you couldn't get it in your gob, it was that big you could get breakfast dinner and tea out of it, but mainly the price was right. :roll:

ARRRRRRRGH:gag:

---------- Post added 03-08-2015 at 08:17 ----------

Just joking! The thing that bugs me is when you buy out at these Sandwich shops ect in this country they are charging too much for what you get, example in the states my god talk about value for money dustbin lid size Pizzas when ordering a steak you get half a cow, but the prices are right, there is one place in sheffield some years ago which had ques spilling out on to pavement from opening till shutting, It was called the Attic in the alley way next to the Dove and Rainbow, if you asked for a ham salad on french it was that big you couldn't get it in your gob, it was that big you could get breakfast dinner and tea out of it, but mainly the price was right. :roll:

Raw ingridients are cheaper and eating out is a national past time in the states. Plus they dont have all the stupid taxes we have like VAT.

Raw ingridients are cheaper and eating out is a national past time in the states. Plus they dont have all the stupid taxes we have like VAT.

Correct!:thumbsup:

---------- Post added 03-08-2015 at 13:03 ----------

They have a captive audience and they're running a business, not a charity, they'll charge as much as they can before it actually causes people to turn away.

Also Correct! :thumbsup:

I had a chicken salad sandwich for lunch. Much easier to buy it than to try to make it myself.

I also didn't buy a potato, slice it into crisps and fry it in the microwave at work.

---------- Post added 03-08-2015 at 13:38 ----------

They have sales tax in most states, which is exactly the same as VAT, but not national and not included in the sticker price. Terrible for tourists.

A friend of mine used to buy a salad cream sandwich and a pack of prawn cocktail crisps from the Broomhill sandwich shop - and then she would insert the crisps into the sandwich and eat it!!!

Just the thought of it made me want to :gag: !!!!!