The Hermitage, London Road

Andy C

So is the beer now much better?

Last night they had beers from Abbeydale, Pictish and Saltaire plus another more 'national' one. Lots of empty handpumps, looks like they intend to grow the range as the numbers of customers grow.

Last night they had beers from Abbeydale, Pictish and Saltaire plus another more 'national' one. Lots of empty handpumps, looks like they intend to grow the range as the numbers of customers grow.

The last owners also had the same amount of pumps, and a lot of them were empty, I think only 4 were in use.

Lets hope the new owners take advantage of the pumps and but on a good range.

The last owners also had the same amount of pumps, and a lot of them were empty, I think only 4 were in use.

Lets hope the new owners take advantage of the pumps and but on a good range.

The pumps did look new and shiny though, suggesting some thought there...

Hermitage also conveniently close to the Beer Engine and right next to a bus stop...

• 4 months later...

I will agree that the Hermitage is most useful for:

a) Some real ale choice

b) Pool

c) When waiting for a bus right outside and its 15 mins you have just enough time to nip inside and have a half an ale !!

:hihi:

---------- Post added 10-12-2015 at 13:20 ----------

The Beer Engine - this is on the arty pretentious side of the real ale circuit in London road but I love it all the more for that !

Last time I went in there were some great stouts on :-)