Why don't non white people donate organs?

Lower consent rates for organ donation found among racial and ethnic minorities and older donors

As I expected, that age old enemy of reason and human progress, religion, is cited as one of the reasons for the disparity.

No it's not.

Among racial and ethnic minorities, lower consent rates may be due, in part, to personal, cultural, or religious beliefs.

Religion's mentioned briefly, it's not cited as one of the reasons, it's mentioned, along with several others, as being a possible cause.

No it's not.

Religion's mentioned briefly, it's not cited as one of the reasons, it's mentioned, along with several others, as being a possible cause.

You can't say what its not without telling us what you think it is.

You can't say what its not without telling us what you think it is.

Well, with 'it', in this case, being vagueboys assertion that "religion, is cited as one of the reasons for the disparity" I can point out that it's not true due to the fact that religion isn't cited as being a reason.

Well, with 'it', in this case, being vagueboys assertion that "religion, is cited as one of the reasons for the disparity" I can point out that it's not true due to the fact that religion isn't cited as being a reason.

It says it here.

http://www.ahrq.gov/news/newsletters/research-activities/13sep/0913RA25.html

Among racial and ethnic minorities, lower consent rates may be due, in part, to personal, cultural, or religious beliefs.

There's even an information page dedicated to it and providing religious teachings.

https://www.organdonation.nhs.uk/about-donation/what-does-my-religion-say/

Isn't it the same with the same colour donor.

There's more chance of getting a match from the same ethnicity.

Doesn't mean that the "same colour" is all it needs. Assuming you're Caucasian, that's like saying your Caucasian next door neighbour could automatically be a donor to you based on their ethnicity.

With more Caucasians being willing to be donors, the odds of getting a match if you also happen to be Caucasian are greater.

Nowhere near enough of them do anyway, which is causing many ill non-white people in need of an organ to look abroad on the dodgy black market for one, or putting their immediate family members under great pressure to donate.

There is a feature on the subject on the BBC news now.

There is a shortage of organs full stop, not just from BEM communities.

I get the impression that you've started this thread, not out of concern for ill people from BME communities, but out of malice, in the hope of stirring the pot.