Hidden charges Hertz Rental

The Airport Surcharge has been brought up before, seems to be common practice. These charges are all legal loopholes, it is high time that these practices were wiped out. Charges should be made to be as stated on the large print advert in the hire shop with each charge bullet pointed. Fuel prices do fluctuate so adjustments have to be allowed for for the charges you quote are exorbitant.

I'm surprised by this.

As a cloggie, I am not! Seriously though, customer service in this country is at a much higher level, the Brits understand that the loyalty of a customer is worth more than a single transaction. The Dutch don't think that way.

The Airport Surcharge has been brought up before, seems to be common practice. These charges are all legal loopholes, it is high time that these practices were wiped out. Charges should be made to be as stated on the large print advert in the hire shop with each charge bullet pointed. Fuel prices do fluctuate so adjustments have to be allowed for for the charges you quote are exorbitant.

Yes, agreed entirely. I have emailed the MEP and a contact in Dutch politics. Looking forward to see what response I get.

btw. it isn't the fee, it is the principle.

Yes, it is looking that way, received an e-mail stating I had signed a contract. I was not provided with a copy of said contract and in the initial booking there is no mention at all of any of these extra charges.

Unfortunately due to the contract MBNA can not take the case forward so I am, no double Dutch, screwed.

Very annoyed and very unscrupulous practice in my book.

PS am appealing with Hertz through social media. We will see if anything comes out of that.

Best way through social media. Shaming is a decent way to get a reply!

Should have just filled it back up like they told you to when you hired it, collect it with a full tank, take it back with a full tank, its not hard, or are you one of these people that think stuff like that is only what other people have to do? Sorry for sounding harsh but you deserved to be ripped off imo.

Should have just filled it back up like they told you to when you hired it, collect it with a full tank, take it back with a full tank, its not hard, or are you one of these people that think stuff like that is only what other people have to do? Sorry for sounding harsh but you deserved to be ripped off imo.

Why? The price was published. Youre being disengenuous.

Why?

Why not, its not rocket science. Not only have they got to make sure the car is ready to be hired out again ie clean, oil levels, tyre pressures or whatever they check before they go back out but also they've got to get it refuelled because the last user couldn't be arsed. Fair play imo :)

I have used enterprise a few times, and they have gone above and beyond and I haven't had any shock debits from my card.

Most recent praise was because of my own stupidity I didn't realise their closing time on a Saturday and I set off way too late to reach them in time, they dispatched a driver to collect me well out of area and dealt with me after the advertized hours (within their right to take my already paid money and dismiss me as a no-show).

Just noticed today new building branding on the end of Penistone road too.

Why not, its not rocket science. Not only have they got to make sure the car is ready to be hired out again ie clean, oil levels, tyre pressures or whatever they check before they go back out but also they've got to get it refuelled because the last user couldn't be arsed. Fair play imo :)

He got a 100 surcharge. Cant you read?

Nonsense, that is what they charge the 12 euro fee for when not refuelled. Charging nearly 40% more than the regular fuel-price on top of that is fleecing someone.

And how do you explain the other additional costs?

I have used enterprise a few times, and they have gone above and beyond and I haven't had any shock debits from my card.

Most recent praise was because of my own stupidity I didn't realise their closing time on a Saturday and I set off way too late to reach them in time, they dispatched a driver to collect me well out of area and dealt with me after the advertized hours (within their right to take my already paid money and dismiss me as a no-show).

Just noticed today new building branding on the end of Penistone road too.

I assume you've used the ones here in the UK, be wary when using the Dutch one!