What does it mean to "believe in climate change"?

What do you believe about climate change?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What do you believe about climate change?

• I'm a believer and I expect ~1ºC per CO2 doubling.
    • I'm a sceptic and I expect ~1ºC per CO2 doubling.
    • I'm a believer and I expect 1-2ºC per CO2 doubling.
    • I'm a sceptic and I expect 1-2ºC per CO2 doubling.
    • I'm a believer and I expect >2ºC per CO2 doubling.
    • I'm a sceptic and I expect
    • I'm a believer and I have no idea what to expect from CO2 doubling.
    • I'm a sceptic and I have no idea what to expect from CO2 doubling.

There is no way to stop some other country polluting the air you breathe, or a changing climate.

If we stopped buying cheap goods that are produced using dirty energy we would lower the pollution generated by other countries. China being a good example, if the rich countries in the West stopped buying cheap Chinese goods they wouldn't need to build so many dirty power stations.

If we stopped buying cheap goods that are produced using dirty energy we would lower the pollution generated by other countries. China being a good example, if the rich countries in the West stopped buying cheap Chinese goods they wouldn't need to build so many dirty power stations.

And how are they supposed to build up their economy in that case? Your proposal would doom them to eternal poverty.

On a lighter note..

I think its time to ban all fizzy drinks as they must contribute a lot to the CO2 levels. I have just read that the average 355ml can/bottle contains around 2.2g or 0.035litres and that coke alone sell around 1.8 billion units a day.

Now, can someone do the math and tell me how much that would be in 1 year.

And how are they supposed to build up their economy in that case? Your proposal would doom them to eternal poverty.

The least developed and poorest countries tend to cause the least amount of environmental damage and any damage that they do cause is usually when they produce something for our consumption.

I agree. At best the evidence for man made climate change remains weak and inconclusive.

There's plenty of so called experts making a good living talking about it in the media.

The climate changes every day, it's either wetter or drier, warmer or colder, windier or calmer than the day before, I thought that was what weather was.

A few years ago the experts talked about global warming and most of us in the U.K. Thought, great we won't need to go abroad for the warm weather, but when it became evident that wasn't happening it was changed to 'climate change'.

It's always amusing when the evidence is given as 'yesterday was the warmest/wettest/coldest day for eg 115 years', so nothing's changed then.

There's plenty of so called experts making a good living talking about it in the media.

The climate changes every day, it's either wetter or drier, warmer or colder, windier or calmer than the day before, I thought that was what weather was.

A few years ago the experts talked about global warming and most of us in the U.K. Thought, great we won't need to go abroad for the warm weather, but when it became evident that wasn't happening it was changed to 'climate change'.

It's always amusing when the evidence is given as 'yesterday was the warmest/wettest/coldest day for eg 115 years', so nothing's changed then.

Then you don't understand the term 'climate'. The climate does not change every day - climate is something that is measured over a long period of time, usually about 30 years.

---------- Post added 02-11-2016 at 17:49 ----------

Often the '115 years' or whatever the figure is is because that is how far back the records go, not because there was a hotter/wetter/colder day back then.

Then you don't understand the term 'climate'. The climate does not change every day - climate is something that is measured over a long period of time, usually about 30 years.

---------- Post added 02-11-2016 at 17:49 ----------

Often the '115 years' or whatever the figure is is because that is how far back the records go, not because there was a hotter/wetter/colder day back then.

That's OK, you believe what you want to and I'll believe what I want to. As always no-one on here is going to change anyone's opinion.

As the topic was about believing or not in climate change I merely gave my opinion, as it's not the same as yours, fair enough.