What does it mean to "believe in climate change"?

What do you believe about climate change?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What do you believe about climate change?

• I'm a believer and I expect ~1ºC per CO2 doubling.
    • I'm a sceptic and I expect ~1ºC per CO2 doubling.
    • I'm a believer and I expect 1-2ºC per CO2 doubling.
    • I'm a sceptic and I expect 1-2ºC per CO2 doubling.
    • I'm a believer and I expect >2ºC per CO2 doubling.
    • I'm a sceptic and I expect
    • I'm a believer and I have no idea what to expect from CO2 doubling.
    • I'm a sceptic and I have no idea what to expect from CO2 doubling.

"In the 2014 EPI ranking, the top five countries were Switzerland, Luxembourg, Australia, Singapore, and the Czech Republic."

http://epi.yale.edu/epi/country-rankings

---------- Post added 02-08-2015 at 09:53 ----------

They didn't guess though, did they?

That's your interpretation based on your own bias.

Nonsense.

I'm not being biased. I'm pointing out bias.

They've made inferences rather than gathering facts. That's guessing.

There have been multiple direct surveys since, proving the bias in this paper, intentional or not. They now know that the 97% is not accurate. But they repeat it anyway. They're liars.

Edited by unbeliever

So far we have only 2 votes from believers, one of whom expects a warming rate short of catastrophic. Why is it we're spending all this money on "decarbonisation" again?

There isnt a poll that asks whether people people in climate change or not, just skeptical.

People in general do not know any scientific details about climate change. You would be better off writing to the local newspaper, try drum up support for your cause, speak to your local MP.

Brilliant...

Why thank you. I do my best.

Perhaps you think my question contains an invalid premise? Or is unfairly worded?

If so, then by all means explain why. If not, then perhaps you'd state your answer.

---------- Post added 03-08-2015 at 09:48 ----------

There isnt a poll that asks whether people people in climate change or not, just skeptical.

People in general do not know any scientific details about climate change. You would be better off writing to the local newspaper, try drum up support for your cause, speak to your local MP.

I'm sorry, but I genuinely don't understand what you mean by your first paragraph. Could you please clarify.

As to the second, rest assured that this forum is not the only place I debate these matters.

It's difficult as more prominent people who share my views are usually labelled "deniers" presumably in a PR attempt to suggest that we're comparable in some way to holocaust deniers; and refused a platform by the likes of the BBC to state our position.

Edited by unbeliever

Why thank you. I do my best.

Perhaps you think my question contains an invalid premise? Or is unfairly worded?

If so, then by all means explain why. If not, then perhaps you'd state your answer.

---------- Post added 03-08-2015 at 09:48 ----------

I'm sorry, but I genuinely don't understand what you mean by your first paragraph. Could you please clarify.

As to the second, rest assured that this forum is not the only place I debate these matters.

I don't do polls, as the poll data tends to be used incorrectly to draw conclusions. Just like yours.