Spoilt kids these days !

On the run up to the school holidays all the radio stations were giving ideas and prizes to parents who have to entertain their offspring for 6 weeks.

Being bored in the 6 weeks holiday is a rite of passage, my mum certainly didn't have a detailed program of activities planned, I just went out with friends played football, climbed trees etc. Apparently parents across the country are stressed out over it all. Is this right?

Apart from family holiday my parents never set eyes on me from 9 till 9.30..wonderful times.

---------- Post added 01-08-2015 at 13:16 ----------

How on earth does not eating crusts equal not having correct values?

It doesn't.

How on earth does not eating crusts equal not having correct values? Surely you're on a wind up?

I was always taught about people that go without food, how can it be right to waste food?

And that is before we think about the money wasted.

Well thats it, society is about to crumble.

Its the principle, we should make them eat crusts ;)

I did make progress tho, I gave them a ham sandwich in granary bread, they were just going to eat the ham :loopy:

Are there any kids today that will grow up with the 'correct' values?

My relatives stayed over last night, the 2 kids, aged around 4 and 7, both dont eat their crusts. So everytime they have a sandwich they leave a small amount of bread. Do kids you know do this, is it just me that this winds up?

I don't eat the crusts off my sandwiches - do you think I am 'spoilt'?