Trolling and political leaning

I dont think people that have similar views to themselves will not get noticed. So a left winger would not notice barking mad lefties, but a right winger would.

A christian may see others that do not agree with gay marriage as normal, but a gay person would view non-christians and christians as gay bashers.

You make a fair point; in some ways it's like the debate about alleged partisanship at the BBC each side, left and right will notice bias if it's against them.

You make a fair point; in some ways it's like the debate about alleged partisanship at the BBC each side, left and right will notice bias if it's against them.

I agree Mister M. There are those on here who can argue their point of view perfectly well without resorting to insults and rudeness, and I appreciate their alternative perspective, especially when it is well expressed and heartfelt.

But I also recognise rudeness when I see it, and it does seem to come most of the time mainly from those of a right wing persuasion. There are times when I can't believe their callousness and total disregard for the feelings of others in the things they write.

If the BBC is impartial, why do people on the left go mad when it's mooted that it should be closed down whereas people on the right are much more in favour of abolishing the BBC?

Because the rest of our media is ridiculously right wing.

The BBC only seems like it has a left bias in comparison with the other mainstream media in the UK, which is mostly very right wing and owned by rich individuals and corporations.

If the BBC is impartial, why do people on the left go mad when it's mooted that it should be closed down whereas people on the right are much more in favour of abolishing the BBC?

And the majority in the middle are quite happy with the BBC :)

Because the rest of our media is ridiculously right wing.

The BBC only seems like it has a left bias in comparison with the other mainstream media in the UK, which is mostly very right wing and owned by rich individuals and corporations.

Guardian

Mirror

Endless local rags pretty much all Johnston Press, MEN etc etc

Independent

I

Morning Star

Not all right wing at all.

BBC is massive and more influential than the rest put together.

Your point is untrue and has no weight.

I agree Mister M. There are those on here who can argue their point of view perfectly well without resorting to insults and rudeness, and I appreciate their alternative perspective, especially when it is well expressed and heartfelt.

But I also recognise rudeness when I see it, and it does seem to come most of the time mainly from those of a right wing persuasion. There are times when I can't believe their callousness and total disregard for the feelings of others in the things they write.

But most of the rudeness and insults come from people of a left wing persuasion, probably because they perceive people of a right wing persuasion to be callous.

Guardian

Mirror

Endless local rags pretty much all Johnston Press, MEN etc etc

Independent

I

Morning Star

Not all right wing at all.

BBC is massive and more influential than the rest put together.

Your point is untrue and has no weight.

The Sun (Britain's biggest newspaper by some way)

The Times

The Daily Mail (Britain's second biggest newspaper)

The Telegraph

The London Evening standard (more influential than any of the 'local rags' you list, has a higher circulation than many national papers including the Guardian and the Independent)

All explicitly backed the Tories at the last election

In fact if you look at a list of Britain's newspapers by circulation 4 out of ther top 5 backed the Tories, with only the Mirror backing Labour.

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/uk-daily-newspaper-market-backs-tories-over-labour-margin-five-one

Here's a pie chart of press support during the last election.

My point stands tall, is true, and carries even more weight than I originally thought, I said it on a whim but after looking into it it's even worse than I thought. Look at that pie chart ffs!

Edited by flamingjimmy

The Sun (Britain's biggest newspaper by some way)

The Times

The Daily Mail (Britain's second biggest newspaper)

The Telegraph

The London Evening standard (more influential than any of the 'local rags' you list, has a higher circulation than many national papers including the Guardian and the Independent)

All explicitly backed the Tories at the last election.

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/uk-daily-newspaper-market-backs-tories-over-labour-margin-five-one

Here's a pie chart of press support during the last election.

My point stands tall, is true, and carries even more weight than I originally though, look at that pie chart ffs!

"Because the rest of our media is ridiculously right wing"

The rest is not. Some of it is right leaning. Some of it is left wing. I named the ones that are.

Your pie chart is a manipulation of statistics to provide a point of view.

It incudes the evening standard but not the MEN or the Star. It is based on circulation. It does not include BBC1...............BBC4........Radio1 -5.....BBC etc... , ITV, C4, C5, etc